• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator Freeware Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inversnecky

What TS freeware routes do you have and recommend?

I’ve only had TS since before Christmas, so a lot less experience likely than most here, but here are some routes I’ve been impressed with:

The Speyside Line (Hamish Weir)

Paignton and Dartmouth (Golden Goldsmith)

Northern Lines (OTS)

Northern Lines Electric (OTS - needs ATS OHLE payware)

North East England (DPS)

Manchester Stations to Huddersfield (ATS)

(I’ll edit in the links and a few more in due course: a bit fiddly on my phone!)

Thankfully these are routes that don’t have gazillions of requirements, just a few from UKTS common to

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I can certainly vouch for both of the Northern Lines routes, fantastic quality. Railways of Devon and Cornwall is fantastic as well, if a bit requirement heavy.

I knew i'd forgot one, Ay Valley. Have you managed to take a look at this one yet @Inversnecky ? It's fictional but really quite extensive, well supported by some good scenarios as well.

Last edited:

Inversnecky

I can certainly vouch for both of the Northern Lines routes, fantastic quality. Railways of Devon and Cornwall is fantastic as well, if a bit requirement heavy.

I knew i'd forgot one, Ay Valley. Have you managed to take a look at this one yet @Inversnecky ? It's fictional but really quite extensive, well supported by some good scenarios as well.

No, thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the requirements, what is this, and is it still possible to get?

IHH Bonus Content

Darandio

Established Member
No, thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the requirements, what is this, and is it still possible to get?

IHH Bonus Content

Unfortunately not. The only scenery in it was a yard lamp so as Steve has described, not having it will have no adverse effects.

Inversnecky

The Northern Electric route, as mentioned, uses Alan Thomson Sim’s OHLE pack. I wondering whether to part with a tenner for it, but I have to say I’m very impressed. I wonder what other routes use it?

_toommm_

Established Member
Harrogate Loop - Leeds to York via Burley Park. It will soon include Leeds to York direct through Croggy too.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
The Northern Electric route, as mentioned, uses Alan Thomson Sim’s OHLE pack. I wondering whether to part with a tenner for it, but I have to say I’m very impressed. I wonder what other routes use it?

His WCML Missing Link route that covers Preston to New Street and includes Lime Street also uses the OHLE pack. It looks really good, particularly around Crewe.

KJ83

I got the DPS North East England add on but it doesnt seem to work, the mesh scenery is like a yellow and black. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Peter C

Established Member
I got the DPS North East England add on but it doesnt seem to work, the mesh scenery is like a yellow and black. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Sounds like a missing texture (or textures). Apologies if this is obvious, but what do you mean by "mesh scenery"?
I'd suggest re-installing the pack(s) which the asset(s) have come from and seeing if that works. Others will be able to help a lot more no doubt!

-Peter

Darandio

Established Member

My first question would always be whether you have the requirements.

KJ83

Sounds like a missing texture (or textures). Apologies if this is obvious, but what do you mean by "mesh scenery"?
I'd suggest re-installing the pack(s) which the asset(s) have come from and seeing if that works. Others will be able to help a lot more no doubt!

The mesh as in the bits around the platforms etc... like grass ballast buildings etc

Peter C

Established Member
The mesh as in the bits around the platforms etc... like grass ballast buildings etc
Ah - now I understand. Apologies. The yellow and black thing is missing textures I think: I'd start with @Darandio's suggestion of checking you have all of the requirements, and then if you do, reinstall the ones which might be posing a problem?

-Peter

Darandio

Established Member
Im having problems with the buildings one, as i cant seem to find it to download

It's only provided with a select few older routes these days, I haven't got the list at hand. That wouldn't normally be a cause of missing textures though. Are you certain you own the other requirements?

Darandio

Established Member
Firstly, that isn't my North East England route. I'm assuming it's the old ECML: North East route but that appears to me to be the AP track? I've never hosted a route that requires the track.

The fact that those ground textures and the OHLE appear to be missing immediately suggests to me that the GEML requirement isn't installed.

KJ83

Yeah you were right... i just looked and I had bought it from Steam but it hadnt downloaded for some reason! ..... im till getting used to trainsim after years of flightsim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.