• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Stations in France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinz57

Hi all,

We are going on holiday to France in summer, and we are stopping near the town of Lieurey.

Do you know what is the nearest train station to this town, and what service(s) will get us to Paris and EuroDisney?

Cheers,

Heinz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
The stop for Eurodisney I believe is 'Marne-la-Valée-Chessy', on the RER A. I'm sure someone can assist you with the others :)

Oscar

Fares Advisor
It seems to me that you should use Bernay station about 20 km away.
Bus 420 runs there several times a day and takes 15 minutes. Timetable: http://www.eure-tourisme.fr/downloa...-trains-jusque-juillet-2010/bus-ligne-420.pdf

The train from there to Paris St. Lazare in central Paris runs roughly hourly Monday to Friday and slightly less frequently at the weekend. It takes about 1 hour 20-30.
Timetable: http://telechargement.ter-sncf.com/...H_Paris_Caen_hiver_2011_2012_tcm-21-69060.pdf Unfortunately a ticket costs 24€70 (around £20-£21) per person each way (according to www.voyages-sncf.com - English version also available at www.tgv-europe.com).
You then need to get the RER (Réseau Express Régional - Regional Express Network), a surburban line, to Marne la Vallée-Chessy. The RER stops at Auber, a few streets away from Gare St. Lazare. There is an extensive (and in my opinion badly signposted and confusing) network of tunnels linked these two and several other metro stations in the area which you could use. According the website of the Parisian local transport website RATP (http://www.ratp.fr) this journey takes about 45 minutes.

Last edited:

JGR

I've done that change at St. Lazare/Auber time or two and it's not that complicated, just quite a bit of walking. I think you can shorten it a bit by going one stop on line 3 to Havre-Caumartin, but I've never tried that.
The main thing is to make sure is that once you're on RER A you don't end up in Boissy-St-Léger.

(Alternatively you could save yourself most of the walk/complicated change by taking RER E to Val de Fontenay and changing there, but I'm not sure if that would save you much time.)

Heinz57

Thanks for your replies chaps. Most helpful.

Looks like it will be quite easy to get to Paris from Lieurey by rail then. But yeah, the trains do seem expensive, which is a shame.

Cheers

flobo

Depending on how many people will be with you, it might be interesting to make a regional railcard.

From what i could gather, it seems to cost 30 € and it will allow you and 3 other people to make the Bernay-Paris trip for half the regular price on week ends.

Heinz57

Nice one, cheers.

Theres going to be a few of us on this trip so it might be worth while looking into.

Cheers

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Unfortunately the HN'Go regional railcard is not valid for trips to Paris (this is outside of the Haute-Normandie region). If going to EuroDisney I would buy tickets to Mantes-la-Jolie as long as the train stops there (Tarif Normal is only 16€60 each way) from where the zones 1-5 Mobilis day ticket (14€60) is valid all the way to EuroDisney. This ticket is valid on virtually all public transport within the Ile de France region. I've also noticed 10€ Prem's (i.e. Advance Purchase) tickets on the Bernay - Paris Gare St. Lazare route which you could consider.
If you regularly travel in France do look into national railcards. However if this does not apply (as is likely) I do agree that train travel there is usually expensive unless you are using a Prem's ticket on a long distance route.

Heinz57

Thanks a lot.

Looks like we might be better off with the standard ticket then?

To be fair though, we only have those two trips planed to Paris whilst we're over there. I reckon a rail card might be a little excessive? Everything else we're doing is closer by so we'll be using the car.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.