• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train times / tickets apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
It looks as if my trusty UK Train Times app is no longer supported whatsoever (The one produced by Agant) so I need a new one as it gets a bit difficult with not having some of the newer stations in the database!

Thetrainline seemed quite good initially, but there is an £0.25 booking charge for anything other than last minute purchases which is a bit annoying

Any other suggestions? I would rather have an actual app than a website after trying to battle with the East Coast site on my mobile recently!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
I've not had any problems with the National Rail app for times and live running.

mikeg

Established Member
I use the crosscountry app to check train times quickly. Only annoyance is the lack of facility for specifying routes, but it often suffices as a quick reference and you can buy tickets both to collect and as m-tickets. I don't think there's any fees.

talldave

Established Member
I just have bokmarks for NRE, RTT, etc. Unless an app uses some feature of my phone, such as gps, I find it pointless.

Amy Worrall

It looks as if my trusty UK Train Times app is no longer supported whatsoever (The one produced by Agant) so I need a new one as it gets a bit difficult with not having some of the newer stations in the database!

Oh goodness, sorry, that's my fault! I'll try and get an update done this weekend!

(For some background, I used to work for Agant, and now I still do some work on it from time to time to help keep the app alive. But I've been rather busy… No excuse I suppose!)

johntea

Established Member
Thanks for the update! Noticed it the other night and all up and running with the extra stations!

mm333

Oh goodness, sorry, that's my fault! I'll try and get an update done this weekend!

(For some background, I used to work for Agant, and now I still do some work on it from time to time to help keep the app alive. But I've been rather busy… No excuse I suppose!)

That would be great Amy. I live near two new stations and they're not in the app.

I like your app as it allows me to add times straight into the iOS calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.