• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee conductors TFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niamhbarnes29

Hi all,
I completed TCT test on 3rd of July (deadline was 5th) and haven’t heard anything since. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything? I applied for carmarthen depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BrokenSam

Bed in for the long run. I'm a Guard for them and there really is no set time to hear back. Worth the wait though.

pontia

hi, new here, just thought I would ask for some advice, I applied for trainee conductor job back in march. I have passed several tests, SCAAT, RAAT and most recently TCT, I had a reply back on 30/07 saying I had been successful and my application would be progressed to the next stage of the process. any Idea what this would be? Also from what I have read it doesn't seem like everyone who applies has had to do all three tests, is this normal or???

FL52

hi, new here, just thought I would ask for some advice, I applied for trainee conductor job back in march. I have passed several tests, SCAAT, RAAT and most recently TCT, I had a reply back on 30/07 saying I had been successful and my application would be progressed to the next stage of the process. any Idea what this would be? Also from what I have read it doesn't seem like everyone who applies has had to do all three tests, is this normal or???
Hey hey, I'm new also. It's an interview. I had mine this morning via Microsoft Teams. I also had to do all three tests but I do think it has varied in the past. The interview is the last stage (or at least was for me!) apart from a medical which you must pass to be offered the job officially. Best of luck :)

Zontar

Hey hey, I'm new also. It's an interview. I had mine this morning via Microsoft Teams. I also had to do all three tests but I do think it has varied in the past. The interview is the last stage (or at least was for me!) apart from a medical which you must pass to be offered the job officially. Best of luck :)
Did you find out on the day if you were successful (bar medical)?

FL52

I did yes. Recruitment rang me a couple of hours letter to let me know I'd been successful. A big surprise! No idea if thats the norm or if I just got lucky.

pontia

I did yes. Recruitment rang me a couple of hours letter to let me know I'd been successful. A big surprise! No idea if thats the norm or if I just got lucky.
Congrats did you find the interview questions hard?

Barcelona734

Good afternoon all! I have applied for Chester (Train Conductor TFW). I have some general queries about the role, if it’s ok to ask them in here?
Firstly regarding the training - if I successfully make it onto a training course, what should I expect the hours to be - will it be 9-5:30 during the classroom hours and then shifts when on the trains?
Secondly, is anyone able to advise on how the shift patterns work - ie, is it a week of earlies followed by a week of lates?
And finally, holiday allowance. Is the holiday allowance standard, and is it flexible when you can take holidays or are these set far in advance?
Thanks so much for your help - I’m really excited and hope I get this opportunity but just want to know about more about the hours etc in advance.

MP393

No, Crewe mate.
Hi,

Just wondering have you heard anything back yet whether positive or negative news from TFW regarding the Crewe vacancies? I had my interview end of July and not heard anything yet but I do know railway recruitment can be a bit behind at times especially in the circumstances!

Zontar

Hi,

Just wondering have you heard anything back yet whether positive or negative news from TFW regarding the Crewe vacancies? I had my interview end of July and not heard anything yet but I do know railway recruitment can be a bit behind at times especially in the circumstances!
Yes. Both rejections. One failed scat test, other failed face to face. I can only assume no news is good news for you?!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Yes. Both rejections. One failed scat test, other failed face to face. I can only assume no news is good news for you?!
Sorry to hear that Zontar.
I applied for the Crewe Conductor vacancy with TFW and haven't heard anything at all.

MP393

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that! I wouldn’t let it put you off applying again though, especially if you made it to the interview stage! Fingers crossed I suppose, I’ll sit tight!

Sorry to hear that Zontar.
I applied for the Crewe Conductor vacancy with TFW and haven't heard anything at all.

Did you do the SCAAT test and/or interview, mate?

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Did you do the SCAAT test and/or interview, mate?
I've not done anything at all- TFW haven't sent me any emails at all since the one they sent acknowledging that I had sent my application.

I've not done anything at all- TFW haven't sent me any emails at all since the one they sent acknowledging that I had sent my application.
I've just had a look on the TFW vacancy website and my job application is still listed as "shortlisting."

Last edited:

ISB204

Has anyone heard of any interviews coming up? I passed all the tests to be told they would be in touch with the next steps, but haven’t heard anything for over a month.

Zontar

I know someone who applied for drivers job and didn't get it, but have been offered a guards job instead......who knows what's going on

Rhian

Has anyone heard of any interviews coming up? I passed all the tests to be told they would be in touch with the next steps, but haven’t heard anything for over a month.
I think it was about 4 weeks after passing the tests that I had my interview on Microsoft teams, am in talent pool now awaiting a date for my medical

Jmills1993

Hi everyone,​

Was hoping for some help and advise, I have an interview on Thursday for a conductors job. Does anyone know what type of questions they're ask in these interviews and what's the next stage after this one? Any help would be seriously appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.