• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee conductors TFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zontar

I've just applied for TFW trainee conductors role at Crewe.

Anyone got any info on number of positions, timescales or what the selection process is like?

Any info appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jacob Didcote

Anyone got any info on number of positions, timescales or what the selection process is like?

Any info appreciated.
I did apply for the trainee conductor for Cardiff, Treherbert and Rhymney. Heard back a week later...someone else i know applied and had an update email a week later saying due to a high volume of applicants they are sifting through but they will let people know of the outcome. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Zontar

I did apply for the trainee conductor for Cardiff, Treherbert and Rhymney. Heard back a week later...someone else i know applied and had an update email a week later saying due to a high volume of applicants they are sifting through but they will let people know of the outcome. That was about 3 weeks ago.
Did you get through mate?

Zontar

Sorry to hear that. Not sure you would get marked down for having safety Critical experience on a railway. I know plenty of heritage rail drivers who have then used that to secure a toc driving role with their only experience being heritage. Keep going mate, you will get there.

Jacob Didcote

Sorry to hear that. Not sure you would get marked down for having safety Critical experience on a railway. I know plenty of heritage rail drivers who have then used that to secure a toc driving role with their only experience being heritage. Keep going mate, you will get there.
I work in the aviation industry which is safety critical on its own! Many more opportunities will crop up. I've applied for other roles at TfW...just haven't mentioned the railway because as i mentioned before it might not work in my favor.

Ever hopeful!

Hello all - not entirely sure how this forum works at the mo! However...
I applied for a Trainee Conductor role TFW. I am through shortlisting and have completed online Scaat with a deadline of 4th June. Anyone know how long it may take to be advised if successful re progression to the next stage?
Many thanks

BrokenSam

Hello all - not entirely sure how this forum works at the mo! However...
I applied for a Trainee Conductor role TFW. I am through shortlisting and have completed online Scaat with a deadline of 4th June. Anyone know how long it may take to be advised if successful re progression to the next stage?
Many thanks
Last round my brother failed it. Took them about three weeks

Mamfa81

Hi, I had an email 12 days after my SCAAT to say I’d been successful and I had an interview date. Good luck.

Ever hopeful!

Thanks Mamfa.. I've passed the Scaat - had an email the next day advising that I would be contacted in the next few weeks.
Best of luck to you too..

voyagerdude220

Established Member

Any info appreciated.
Has anyone who's heard from TFW about their Conductor application applied for Crewe?

L401CJF

Established Member
I applied in September for Chester, forgot all about it then got a response last month inviting me to do the online SCAAT. Email the following week advising I had passed and they'd be in touch in a few weeks.

Not heard anything since, but reading through other threads it seems there is a huge backlog of trainees in Chester, people who have been waiting for courses for the past year etc so I'm guessing it could be quite a wait!

Presumably if Crewe based staff are trained at Chester too you will also be in for a wait!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I applied in September for Chester, forgot all about it then got a response last month inviting me to do the online SCAAT. Email the following week advising I had passed and they'd be in touch in a few weeks.

Not heard anything since, but reading through other threads it seems there is a huge backlog of trainees in Chester, people who have been waiting for courses for the past year etc so I'm guessing it could be quite a wait!

Presumably if Crewe based staff are trained at Chester too you will also be in for a wait!
Thank you. I've applied for Crewe and not heard anything. I'll be patient and expect a wait.

Zontar

Thank you. I've applied for Crewe and not heard anything. I'll be patient and expect a wait.
Yea not heard anything either way too. It sure when the closing date was, but I applied 16 th may so I suppose a month isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

Ever hopeful!

Hello all,

I have just attempted the TCT test linked to application for the post of Trainee Train Conductor. 10 mins for 40 questions. I realise (I hope!) this is impossible.. Manage to get to 21 before timed out and am wondering how other people may have got on.

Zontar

Hello all,

I have just attempted the TCT test linked to application for the post of Trainee Train Conductor. 10 mins for 40 questions. I realise (I hope!) this is impossible.. Manage to get to 21 before timed out and am wondering how other people may have got on.
Was this just the Scaat test? Finding symbols?

Ever hopeful!

Hello Zontar..

So far I've had to undertake the Scaat (symbol check). Then the RAAT (rule interpretation/application). I was the asked to complete a time Ticket checking test (find mistakes on tickets) 40 questions in 10 mins...

Status
Not open for further replies.