• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave1709

Mine's 8.30 too just so you know spoke to Tania she said dress code is smart casual so don't wear a suit unless you really want to

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevehw

What time is your assessment?
As I have already passed the 2nd stage tests I queried this with Tania. She has today got back to me to say I have indeed reached the required standard and have therefore been placed in the Talent Pool awaiting the next intake. I still have to successfully pass the medical though. Good luck to you guys and hopefully meet up one day on the training courses.

BB3

As I have already passed the 2nd stage tests I queried this with Tania. She has today got back to me to say I have indeed reached the required standard and have therefore been placed in the Talent Pool awaiting the next intake. I still have to successfully pass the medical though. Good luck to you guys and hopefully meet up one day on the training courses.

Nice one. Well done.

stevehw

The first course is in April I believe.
Yes, Tania said so just waiting for for someone in higher places to sign it off to go. Fingers crossed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone think people who are doing stage 1 in March stand any chance?
Yes. They said they have numerous intakes, so you would probably just be in a later intake if you are successful. Good luck.

stevehw

Everyone else seems to have done there stage 1
Mine isn't until the 3rd March should I be worried at all ?
As I said in the post before yours, they said they should have various intakes throughout the year so if successful you would probably be on a later course. Hope this helps and good luck.

Joshie Babie

Hi stevehw, I am in the same position as you. I have also previously completed my stage 2 assessment and have contacted Tania at a similar time to yourself receiving the same responce about an April course. Do you have any idea when she will be in contact again? Thanks.

Kev.

Hi All,

I have my Stage 1 testing for this position on 3rd March.

Now i understand about all the tests that I have to do (I think), but can anyone confirm if there will be an interview on this day aswell, or will i have to wait for the test results first before moving onto the interview stage?

Many thanks.

Trico382

Stage 1 is just the tests (previously mentioned), stage 2 is managers interview and stage 3 is computer tests and structured interview

BB3

Hi stevehw, I am in the same position as you. I have also previously completed my stage 2 assessment and have contacted Tania at a similar time to yourself receiving the same responce about an April course. Do you have any idea when she will be in contact again? Thanks.

Well done. Are you wanting Derby or Nottingham?

Joshie Babie

Derby but have stated would work at Nottingham
What about you?

stevehw

She said, "I look forward to speaking to you again soon".
I would think that after the guys/gals sit their Stage 2 this next coming week they will then be in a position to advise on medicals. Most people need to give 4 weeks notice so IF the April course is running then they will want the medicals out of the way for at least the end of February, so people can give notice in time for the course start.

BB3

I have my stage 2 next week. At the DMI I told them I wanted Derby.

Joshie Babie

Good luck BB3. Steve I noticed this after I posted question:
"Assessments dates:

• Stage 1- WC 11th January

• Stage 2- WC 25th January

• Stage 3- WC 15th February

• Occupational Health appointments to take place for successful candidates- End February 2016

• Traning Courses will commence at a number of dates throughout 2016"

So I agree a good chance of getting contacted for a medical next week at some point.

BB3

I asked them how many courses they planned to hold this year and they thought there would be 3, maybe 4.

stevehw

Good luck BB3. Steve I noticed this after I posted question:
"Assessments dates:

• Stage 1- WC 11th January

• Stage 2- WC 25th January

• Stage 3- WC 15th February

• Occupational Health appointments to take place for successful candidates- End February 2016

• Traning Courses will commence at a number of dates throughout 2016"

So I agree a good chance of getting contacted for a medical next week at some point.

Yeah I remembered that from the original job posting. I just thought that if the April course, for some reason doesn't go ahead, then maybe the medical might get delayed until a course is confirmed. Fingers crossed for no hold ups.

Here's wishing all you guys who have Stage 2 next week all the best of luck!
I asked them how many courses they planned to hold this year and they thought there would be 3, maybe 4.

Seems like they need quite a few Depot Drivers then. I recall they said there would be up to a maximum of 10 people per course.

Trico382

It went ok thanks mate, all 6 passed the computer tests and had an interview so we will just wait and see now! They said 7 working days to find out

Dave1709

It went ok thanks mate, all 6 passed the computer tests and had an interview so we will just wait and see now! They said 7 working days to find out

What was the interview like? Cos the 2nd stage was competency based so was just wondering what kind of questions they asked this time around? Good luck and hopefully its good news next week for you.
Who's goin this Tuesday to Nottingham?

BB3

Well done for passing the tests. Do you find out whether you've passed or failed the tests straight away (i.e. the screen tells you the outcome) or do they let you know afterwards? Was the interview better or worse than the DMI?

Good luck. Hope you've nailed it.

Trico382

Thank you very much guys. Yes you will do the computer tests and he told within 10 mins how you've done. They explain that if you fail you will be sent home but if you pass you will be invited to go straight on to an interview there and then.
The interview was ok (although i am not saying I have passed as I have no idea!), I don't know how it will be on other days but the rumours of the interviewers being stern and antagonistic couldn't have been further from the truth for our group they were fine.
I don't want to say what questions i was given but there is a thread on this forum which is relatively accurate and people seem to be asked the same things so what I did was just have a quick butchers at that. Good luck with yours guys, you will be fine
Got the phonecall today that passed and going into a talent pool

stevehw

Thank you very much guys. Yes you will do the computer tests and he told within 10 mins how you've done. They explain that if you fail you will be sent home but if you pass you will be invited to go straight on to an interview there and then.
The interview was ok (although i am not saying I have passed as I have no idea!), I don't know how it will be on other days but the rumours of the interviewers being stern and antagonistic couldn't have been further from the truth for our group they were fine.
I don't want to say what questions i was given but there is a thread on this forum which is relatively accurate and people seem to be asked the same things so what I did was just have a quick butchers at that. Good luck with yours guys, you will be fine

Congratulations.

BB3

Fabulous! I'm thrilled for you.

Dave1709

Well done! I wonder how many got through from your assessment day?

Trico382

Thank you very much all. Yes I don't know how many made it through unfortunately but there was some great guys there so fingers crossed for them. Wishing the best of luck to you all also

Status
Not open for further replies.