• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shorts

Yeah I was, totally messed up though so know I haven't got through :( looking forward to getting confirmation by email so I can put it behind me. Totally let nerves get the better of me. How do you think you did?

Well I thought it was impossible to tell actually haha. Either I've completely got it so wrong it's laughable or it was really easy. So I'm sure time will tell. I am itching to find out though

Kev.

Same here mate.
Im quietly confident bit hate the waiting.
Were you at the 12.40 session?

I think for me it is very difficult to judge how well I did. I think I did well, but you can never tell. I was very nervous during the GB part of the test. I couldn't stop my hand from shaking. But I'm fairly confident with the TEA-Occ and the TRP. So I've got everything crossed and I'm now brushing up and getting prepared for the DMI just incase I have passed.

I was there for the 08.40 test.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Stage 1 Passed. Soooooooo happy with that.

Now to prepare and make sure I pass the DMI

TheRailwayWay

Does anyone know which EMT depots are available to work as a depot driver on? It seemed like there were loads of depots to choose your preferred one on the application form, I chose Burton because I guessed it was the one closest to me, but is it the case that there's a chance to be a depot driver at any of them, or is it just a few?

BB3

I think for me it is very difficult to judge how well I did. I think I did well, but you can never tell. I was very nervous during the GB part of the test. I couldn't stop my hand from shaking. But I'm fairly confident with the TEA-Occ and the TRP. So I've got everything crossed and I'm now brushing up and getting prepared for the DMI just incase I have passed.

I was there for the 08.40 test.
Stage 1 Passed. Soooooooo happy with that.

Now to prepare and make sure I pass the DMI

Well done! :D
Yay! I got an email saying I've passed stage 1 and have been invited to stage 2 :)

Congrats! :D
Ok so I passed too!!! So surprised and soo happy!!! Was sure I'd messed it up!

Great news! :D

stevehw

Does anyone know which EMT depots are available to work as a depot driver on? It seemed like there were loads of depots to choose your preferred one on the application form, I chose Burton because I guessed it was the one closest to me, but is it the case that there's a chance to be a depot driver at any of them, or is it just a few?
I'm pretty sure it's either Eastcroft or Etches Park.

Dave1709

Well done to everyone who passed this week! DMI is a competency based interview asking for your experience in certain areas it won't hurt you to brush up on your knowledge of the company. We were interviewed by 2 DMs expect to see the top of their heads most of the interview. From what I gathered some interviews took 20 mins others took an hour, some DMs were fine others liked to throw curve balls at you. It's all luck of the draw on the day I guess!

MrH

I passed the Stage 1 too!! I can't tell you how relieved I am about that!!
Got my DMI on the 22nd so lots of prep to be done by the sounds of it!
Well done to everyone else who passed!!
Lee Buckley - I think we were sat on the same table at the Stage 1 in the afternoon last week!

Kev.

Lee Buckley - I think we were sat on the same table at the Stage 1 in the afternoon last week!

Well done MrH on passing. Yep it was a massive relief here aswell, as it's one of those test where you cannot really judge how you have done. But has you say it is a huge relief and a massive achievement to of got this far.

Kev

BB3

Well done. Good luck for your DMI. It won't be horrendous but it would be beneficial for you to do some research on EMT.

Raul_Duke

As someone who has been in an EMT DM interview, it's not really like the DM interviews as described by people who have been with other companies. IE: "An informal chat."

It's more like the OPC interview. "Tell me about a time when..." "Why did you do that?"

Sorry to be thick but what is the difference between the DM interview and the structured? I know there are more tests to come which apparently are stage 3 but is stage 3 a further conventional interview in addition to the tests? So in effect are there 2 "proper"interviews where you get grilled?

TheRailwayWay

I emailed Tania she said for the next stage there was only an interview to do, so I suppose the tests on page 40 onwards have become obsolete for us.

BB3

I emailed Tania she said for the next stage there was only an interview to do, so I suppose the tests on page 40 onwards have become obsolete for us.

There are 3 stages to the EMT'selection process. If you pass the DMI you will then proceed to the final stage which comprises of the computerised tests and MMI interview. You will need to take a whole day off work for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.