• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markdev

I Have received an email this morning.
Not going through to stage 2 unfortunately so must try harder next time also it was in my junk mail and that’s why I hadn’t seen it so keep an eye out guys and girls and good luck everybody else

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

I Have received an email this morning.
Not going through to stage 2 unfortunately so must try harder next time also it was in my junk mail and that’s why I hadn’t seen it so keep an eye out guys and girls and good luck everybody else

Oh Markdev, gutted to hear that! :frown:
Did the message go into any specifics, such as whether you met the national standard, or which test you fell short on? (Was it glop, as you thought?)

I’m sure you’ll get another opportunity soon though. :)

Markdev

No mate but she did say that they could forward me my results to see where I did fall short/ go wrong which could be worth knowing,
I will definitely keep the job alert on for future reference and if it was the glop at least I’ll know.

Dynamonic

No mate but she did say that they could forward me my results to see where I did fall short/ go wrong which could be worth knowing,
I will definitely keep the job alert on for future reference and if it was the glop at least I’ll know.

Yep, definitely get a hold of that feedback, and hopefully, that next round of recruitment will be here before you know it. :)

Max287

Hi guys

New to this, what a great idea! Well done to everybody who has had good news, sorry to the ones who have had bad news, you'll be more determined for it when the next opportunity comes around. Still waiting to hear how I've got on myself.

Markdev

The good thing is they’re not hanging about really so people will know sooner rather than later

Max287

Yes I would expect we will all know either way by the end of the week as the next stage is not far away!

Max287

Haha same for me! I don't want to tempt fate by booking it off only to find out I failed! :-/

Habitat

How far do people live from the two depots, and will anyone move home for this job?

How far do people live from the two depots, and will anyone move home for this job?

They were accepting relocations upon application, but according to a source I know, the candidate would have to be exceptionally great to get a place. Too many times they have had their "fingers burned" by candidates getting their key then clearing off after a couple of years.

baz962

Established Member
They were accepting relocations upon application, but according to a source I know, the candidate would have to be exceptionally great to get a place. Too many times they have had their "fingers burned" by candidates getting their key then clearing off after a couple of years.

So could people be bombed out due to location.

Dynamonic

That’s it then the glop as thought thank you dynamonic

Well, at least you're going to have a ton of confidence going into next time, plus at least your lives are intact. :smile:

A big welcome to everyone else who's just joined us on this thread too!

I assume those waiting did their tests on Friday like me? :lol:

baz962

Established Member
Well, at least you're going to have a ton of confidence going into next time, plus at least your lives are intact. :smile:

A thing to note though although you have passed to national standard if you try for enhanced and fail one to national standard that will be a life lost and your national standard is erased.

Economist

That is the important thing in the driver recruitment world, it does pay to be persistant so keeping both attempts intact is useful. It took me nearly two years to get in to a trainee driver position after my first serious application.

Regarding the location thing, I do wonder if they'd differentiate between someone who's looking to move from somewhere they've lived all their life and someone who's moved around in the past/isn't really connected to anywhere in particular.

baz962

Established Member
That is the important thing in the driver recruitment world, it does pay to be persistant so keeping both attempts intact is useful. It took me nearly two years to get in after my first serious application.

Regarding the location thing, I do wonder if they'd differentiate between someone who's looking to move from somewhere they've lived all their life and someone who's moved around in the past/isn't really connected to anywhere in particular

I asked the location question as I have until recently quite often been invited to take online test's etc and had either a phone interview and failed which was gwr, or my last serious attempt I passed all the psychometric's to enhanced level for gtr but failed dmi. Now almost every application I put in I get bombed out even with my enhanced pass scores. swt said no so did atw and east midland's, the only exception being gwr who let me take the online test'e again, and I am wondering is it a location thing as with the psychometric's under my belt and more experience from each application I should i, In theory at least get more chance's but seem to get bombed out more lol.

Dynamonic

A thing to note though although you have passed to national standard if you try for enhanced and fail one to national standard that will be a life lost and your national standard is erased.

That's right, but if you fail to reach the enhanced standard, but pass to national standard, your lives are intact and you can potentially use your results with other TOCs after a short while.

Regarding the location question, that does often have a massive bearing on whether you progress through sifts or not. As has been mentioned, a lot of TOCs don't like to merely take a candidate's word on the fact they say they will relocate, sadly.

baz962

Established Member
That's right, but if you fail to reach the enhanced standard, but pass to national standard, your lives are intact and you can potentially use your results with other TOCs after a short while.

Regarding the location question, that does often have a massive bearing on whether you progress through sifts or not. As has been mentioned, a lot of TOCs don't like to merely take a candidate's word on the fact they say they will relocate, sadly.

Oh absolutely but it must be a bit of a nervous one having passed to national standard, then get sent by a toc for enhanced and hoping to not fail even to national, I mean do you stick with national and just apply to toc's that accept it or go for it and hope you don't lose a life and then have no pass. I would have been a bit worried.

TrainKS

Hi all. New here after just sitting stage 1 with EMT last week.

Unfortunately didn't progress to stage 2. Passed everything to the enhanced standard apart from the Group Bourdon (but still managed National). Somewhat annoyed and perplexed as I felt this was the easiest on the day. Does anyone know (or could estimate) the difference between national and enhanced?

Well done to those who passed.

Markdev

Could I ask then please if I applied for a national now would that mean I wouldn’t have to take the test again but obviously depending on company policy etc?
But if I did do an enhanced and failed the standard this time around that would take me out of everything ?

Markdev

I asked the location question as I have until recently quite often been invited to take online test's etc and had either a phone interview and failed which was gwr, or my last serious attempt I passed all the psychometric's to enhanced level for gtr but failed dmi. Now almost every application I put in I get bombed out even with my enhanced pass scores. swt said no so did atw and east midland's, the only exception being gwr who let me take the online test'e again, and I am wondering is it a location thing as with the psychometric's under my belt and more experience from each application I should i, In theory at least get more chance's but seem to get bombed out more lol.
How long have you been trying for baz962 and are you a trainee now or qualified ?

baz962

Established Member
Could I ask then please if I applied for a national now would that mean I wouldn’t have to take the test again but obviously depending on company policy etc?
But if I did do an enhanced and failed the standard this time around that would take me out of everything ?

Pretty much correct mate I asked at the opc when doing my second day, so you should be able to go to a toc that accept's national without re taking the test's, but if you take them again and fail to national you then have one life left and no longer have a national pass either.

Markdev

A big welcome to everyone else who's just joined us on this thread too!

I assume those waiting did their tests on Friday like me? :lol:
Yes mate I feel slightly better knowing it wasn’t a complete waste of time and thank you for your kind words

baz962

Established Member
How long have you been trying for baz962 and are you a trainee now or qualified ?

Neither mate I passed all the test's to enhanced level with Gtr but failed the manager interview, so I don't have to take test's again I can go straight to manager interview.

Markdev

Pretty much correct mate I asked at the opc when doing my second day, so you should be able to go to a toc that accept's national without re taking the test's, but if you take them again and fail to national you then have one life left and no longer have a national pass either.
Ok brill I understand now thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.