• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMover

3 definitely going (handed in notice). One definitely going but not yet handed in notice (awaiting contract). Who knows how many others there are???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EastMidsMatt

Yes, mine was on Monday. It was Craig and George interviewing and I really don't feel like I did enough to pass this stage. They were very welcoming and I was quite relaxed, I just felt like I struggled on a couple of questions. I think with the amount of people they're interviewing they will get far better answers than mine. Good luck everyone still to go!

Dynamonic

With these sort of interviews, it's quite normal to not feel that confident at the end of them. The power of hindsight and that! :)
Hopefully, it won't be too long for you to wait MattVick, and I hope you get the news you want to hear! :D Good luck!

I'll be in for mine tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully it'll go well! Good luck to everyone else still to go too! :)

Yes, mine was on Monday. It was Craig and George interviewing and I really don't feel like I did enough to pass this stage. They were very welcoming and I was quite relaxed, I just felt like I struggled on a couple of questions. I think with the amount of people they're interviewing they will get far better answers than mine. Good luck everyone still to go!
Is George the scotsman?

Max287

What I would be interested to know is how they will decide on who gets through this stage; is it going to be purely based on interview performance or do your career history/cv count towards their decision too?

Dynamonic

I reckon mainly interview performance at this stage, but your CV and application could be involved in the interview to a degree. (I’ll find out for sure very, very shortly ;):lol:)

Your CV would have had it’s biggest purpose at the sift/shortlisting stage I reckon. :)

Max287

You’ll be in today then? Best of luck.

I just feel they’d be mad to base it purely on interview performance as some people are better in interviews than others, but their career history could well suggest they would make a good trainee depot driver.

Dan Smith

Well my interview was quite enjoyable to be honest, it was relaxed and I was given time to think before I answered which was appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone!

Dan

Scouse_scott

Has anyone on here thats had their interview this week also have the opc mainline driver assessment passed?

alasteve

Had my interview today, very relaxed, not sure how it went - a bit up, a bit down. Lasted just over an hour. Good luck to the last lot tomorrow! Steve.

Scouse_scott

Had my interview today, very relaxed, not sure how it went - a bit up, a bit down. Lasted just over an hour. Good luck to the last lot tomorrow! Steve.

I had mine on tuesday and it lasted 20 min, cant decide if thats a good or bad thing after hearing yours was an hour

alasteve

I had mine on tuesday and it lasted 20 min, cant decide if thats a good or bad thing after hearing yours was an hour

I could've just waffled on, who knows!? I had answers ready in my head before I went in, but it's another thing once you sit down. What will be, will be...

Dynamonic

On this forum, I’ve read of both short and long interviews that have passed and failed.
The interview takes as long you make it. Some answers are short and some are long.

The only thing that is important is that you’ve said what they needed to hear.

Good luck to you! :)

(PS: Mine lasted 50 minutes today but a chunk of that was me asking questions at the end)

Scouse_scott

On this forum, I’ve read of both short and long interviews that have passed and failed.
The interview takes as long you make it. Some answers are short and some are long.

The only thing that is important is that you’ve said what they needed to hear.

Good luck to you! :)

(PS: Mine lasted 50 minutes today but a chunk of that was me asking questions at the end)

I have my opc main line drive assessment passed, i wonder if that had any influence on my interview lenght

Top Link

Hi guys - congratulations to everyone who's progressing with their applications. Can anybody elaborate on the Glop and Lift tones tests, what do they involve? Thanks

Scouse_scott

Hi guys - congratulations to everyone who's progressing with their applications. Can anybody elaborate on the Glop and Lift tones tests, what do they involve? Thanks
You have passed the assessments and MMI Dynamonic? So if you get through this part it’ll be just the medical?

They told me if i passed this interview it would just be a check of refrences and the medical

Dynamonic

Just to clarify, I, Dynamonic, will need to do the Stage 4 tests if I’ve passed this interview! :lol:

In the Glop test, you’re presented with an A4 card, which describes the procedure of using a (fictional) piece of railway equipment. You read through this card whilst it is also read out to you by an audio recording.
You then have a few minutes to memorise the information and make notes on it, before the card and notes are taken away, and you answer multiple choice questions on what you’ve learned.
This test is measuring your trainability for learning Rules & Procedures.

The lift tones test involves you listening to an audio recording of tones, which are made up of both low and high tones.
Your job is to count all the low tones, in the midst of highly distracting high tones.
You will do a couple of practice questions to get you used to what you need to be doing before the actual test begins.
You will also do another test involving counting tones, whilst highlighting certain listings in a phone book style sheet. This time however, there are only single tones to count.
These are tests of your concentration and multitasking abilities.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

Last edited:

Wantacab

What I would be interested to know is how they will decide on who gets through this stage; is it going to be purely based on interview performance or do your career history/cv count towards their decision too?

It would surely be based on interview only bearing in mind the pointless group interview stage where so many talented people got missed. Cv's, job and life experience counted for nothing just so long as you patted the weak members of the group on the back...... Not that I'm bitter :D

Max287

Personally, Wantacab, I do believe that you have every right to be feeling ever so slightly bitter about the situation. It’s very unfortunate that EMT have suddenly decided this is a necessary part of their driver recruitment now! Not something I look forward to myself either!

Does anybody know if there are still interviews ongoing this week or will all of you lovely people who have been interviewed already be expecting news today?

Wantacab

Personally, Wantacab, I do believe that you have every right to be feeling ever so slightly bitter about the situation. It’s very unfortunate that EMT have suddenly decided this is a necessary part of their driver recruitment now! Not something I look forward to myself either!

Does anybody know if there are still interviews ongoing this week or will all of you lovely people who have been interviewed already be expecting news today?
Two years ago I got through to the dmi and missed out by 2 points and now I'm not good enough to get to that stage though I know of other people who haven't got through the paper sift on several occasions but are through to the dmi this time. Nothing personal and I wish you the best but this system encourages people to learn to pass an interview rather than being the right person for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.