• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamonic

Had an email this morning asking me to confirm my notice period and preferred depot.

I can’t help but get excited now! :D Is a start date nigh? o_O

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Had an email this morning asking me to confirm my notice period and preferred depot.

I can’t help but get excited now! :D Is a start date nigh? o_O

Nottingham still, or is the chance of driving bigger faster trains now swaying you towards Etches Park?

Top Link

I've not got past the DMI either but it's only the first time I've ever applied to be a Train/Depot Driver so knew it was going to be tough after reading the forum. Thankfully I didn't rest on my laurels and now have two more invitations from two other companies for their train driver recruitment process so hopefully I can put into practice what I've learned this time. Have asked for feedback but no response as yet. Genuinely enjoyed the experience though - here's to the next time (in one month)! Thanks to everyone for their support and very, very best of luck to everyone on here :)

Dynamonic

Cheers :) Its that ruddy half an hour grey square test one I'm not looking forward to lol

I know what you mean.
A little tip for you...make sure you find a comfortable position for your button pressing hand. My arm about dropped off towards the ends of that test because I must have been sat awkwardly. :lol:

Also I have it on good authority they have a course pencilled in for July

I have heard that too. Makes sense with that email I had yesterday too. :D

I can confirm that yesterday we were told that there are back to back courses lined up and they have moved driver managers into the academy to keep the courses moving and to avoid any delays.

Keep your ears and eyes peeled on emails/voicemails!

Dynamonic

Did they say when?

I believe that would suggest a course would run in June/July, followed by one in October/November or thereabouts.

I’ve been so excited since that email a couple of days ago, and my phone does not leave my side. :lol: (Just hoping they catch me when I’m not in the phone signal black hole that is my current workplace though. ;))

Clive0121

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=c754e6bfb23a9b88&from=serp

East Midlands are recruiting now for trainee service drivers in Leeds. Reading the description it sound similar to trainee depot driver, saying natural progession in this role would be main line driver.

Thought I'd post it here first so anyone that didn't get through the DMI have a chance to apply before it gets it's own thread.
Just seen this on there. Is there not a time limit as to when you can re-apply with East Midlands Trains after failing the DMI?

Scouse_scott

Just seen this on there. Is there not a time limit as to when you can re-apply with East Midlands Trains after failing the DMI?

No, you'll be fine to apply for this role now. It's only the OPC tests that have a waiting period of 6 months. The DMI isn't part of those tests so go for it. Its great timing as well, shows your really committed plus everything is still fresh to build on for next time

Clive0121

No, you'll be fine to apply for this role now. It's only the OPC tests that have a waiting period of 6 months. The DMI isn't part of those tests so go for it. Its great timing as well, shows your really committed plus everything is still fresh to build on for next time
Awesome thank you, will certainly get applying when I finish work today, fingers crossed. I think I just about sneak into the hour commute to Leeds

Dynamonic

Looks like EMT drivers at Leeds sign HSTs, and the depot is joint operated with Northern.

I was just wondering about the Leeds roles the other day. I remember in that video way back at the start of this thread, that there was mention of potential Driver vacancies in the new year for Neville Hill, and lo and behold, here they are! :lol:

Best of luck to all of you that apply! :D

Mermoo

Congratulations to all who are about to embark on an amazing new role!

I'm looking at applying for the Leeds vacancy - does anyone remember if East Midlands require you to pass DFFT as part of the psychometrics please?

Much appreciated

Scouse_scott

Congratulations to all who are about to embark on an amazing new role!

I'm looking at applying for the Leeds vacancy - does anyone remember if East Midlands require you to pass DFFT as part of the psychometrics please?

Much appreciated

The DFFT, sorry can you remind me which one this is? Is it the dials test?

Dynamonic

I think DFFT is a Diagnostics test outside the normal OPC tests. (Dials is the TRP test)

We didn’t do DFFT for the Depot Driver roles at Notts or Derby, but whether it’ll be different for Service Delivery Drivers at Leeds, I’m not too sure. :)

Mermoo

I think DFFT is a Diagnostics test outside the normal OPC tests. (Dials is the TRP test)

We didn’t do DFFT for the Depot Driver roles at Notts or Derby, but whether it’ll be different for Service Delivery Drivers at Leeds, I’m not too sure. :)
The DFFT, sorry can you remind me which one this is? Is it the dials test?

Driver fault finding test

Thanks very much guys - much appreciated :)

stjimmy87

So with just over a week till I sit stage 4, I have questions....

-Do they tell you if you are successful on the day? Last time I did them they told me there and then I had been successful (Although they still had to email Northern with the results)
-Is it a suited and booted affair?

Any more tips always welcome.

Dynamonic

So with just over a week till I sit stage 4, I have questions....

-Do they tell you if you are successful on the day? Last time I did them they told me there and then I had been successful (Although they still had to email Northern with the results)
-Is it a suited and booted affair?

Any more tips always welcome.

You'll be given the results of your computer tests on the day, and if successful, you'll then sit the MMI. You'll find out if you passed the MMI and made it into the Talent Pool a few days later.
As for your second question, it's an interview isn't it? ;)

Good luck buddy! You're nearly there! :D

stjimmy87

You'll be given the results of your computer tests on the day, and if successful, you'll then sit the MMI. You'll find out if you passed the MMI and made it into the Talent Pool a few days later.
As for your second question, it's an interview isn't it? ;)

Good luck buddy! You're nearly there! :D

That suit of mine will be due a good retirement after this process lol

Status
Not open for further replies.