• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarabella31

Just been sent the dreaded unsuccessful email. Good luck to anyone who is still waiting or has heard they’ve passed.

Just a quick question. Other people on the day were sitting various parts of the tests so was wondering if contacting HR to get my scores would benefit me anyhow? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry to hear you've not been successful Yellowbelly but personally I would get in touch for feedback, at least then you can decide on where to go next.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Justy

Just been sent the dreaded unsuccessful email. Good luck to anyone who is still waiting or has heard they’ve passed.

Just a quick question. Other people on the day were sitting various parts of the tests so was wondering if contacting HR to get my scores would benefit me anyhow? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry to hear that. But knowing what to expect next time, I'm sure you will ace it.
If Marie emailed you the news, I would suggest replying back to her e-mail and asking for the results. It will allow you to know where your weakness was and what you need to prepare more on next time you retry. BTW when I got told I was unsuccessful last time I applied, I got my results by the next day.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their results.

Olikay93

Sorry to hear that mate! Like everyone has been saying, get your feedback and you know what to work on! Out of interest when did you take the tests? I'm still waiting to hear but only took mine last Thursday (29th december)

LaursP

Hey everyone!

Hope you guys who sat your tests recently hear good news soon.

Just wondering if any of the guys from the previous recruitment who have been invited to sit the group assessments on the 17th December have heard anything yet? It's two weeks today and about the time scale for Marie to send out the official e-mail with dates and times etc. I replied to her e-mail to say I wanted to participate but haven't heard anything further.

I am thinking maybe once these guys get to find out whether or not they made it to the next round, that will be when I hear something.... :?:
Oohh so you decided to go for it again then? Well done, and good luck!

Amanda

Yes, @LaursP, I figured if they were willing to invite me for assessment again I would do it! My husband told me I should go for it. So I'm going for it!

Yellowbelly

Sorry to hear that mate! Like everyone has been saying, get your feedback and you know what to work on! Out of interest when did you take the tests? I'm still waiting to hear but only took mine last Thursday (29th december)
I sat mine last Friday the 30th November

Yellowbelly

Sorry to hear you've not been successful Yellowbelly but personally I would get in touch for feedback, at least then you can decide on where to go next.
Yes thank you. I failed on the tone counting mixed with the phonebook as I massively misunderstood the instructions. My fault but at least I know it was a mistake rather than an inability to do the test.

Yellowbelly

Does anyone know when I reapply will I have to resit any tests I passed. I have my feedback and I only failed the tea occ part 3. Everything else was up to enhanced standard.

heedfan

Does anyone know when I reapply will I have to resit any tests I passed. I have my feedback and I only failed the tea occ part 3. Everything else was up to enhanced standard.

You only resit the test(s) you are yet to meet the standard for. Obviously that will include the next stage of testing too if you haven’t yet passed that. The exception here being that if you go to another TOC which requires a higher standard then you may have to repeat some of the tests you have already passed to try and improve your score.

JGC_notts

Had the same email.

Have joined a list at the OPC for feedback, I'm pretty sure it's the second part that will be the failing. OPC have said it could be a few weeks for feedback.

Good luck to all who have yet to hear.

2011dandd

Hi
I passed the application stage and made ig through ro the next stage tests. Then a week later recived an email againg confirming that i has been succesful in making it to the next stage but because of high pass rate numbers i was to be tested in the new year.
Did anyone else get the same email?

LaursP

Hi
I passed the application stage and made ig through ro the next stage tests. Then a week later recived an email againg confirming that i has been succesful in making it to the next stage but because of high pass rate numbers i was to be tested in the new year.
Did anyone else get the same email?
I did when I initially applied in October 2017. The interviews / tests were meant to be completed by early Jan, but I got an email to say due to high applicants I had to wait til Jan for the start of my testing.
Don’t worry about it though. I just received my job offer / contract this week after being in taking pool. So it doesn’t hold you back!
Good luck, and this thread is very useful so get reading and practising your material Marie sends you out.

2011dandd

I did when I initially applied in October 2017. The interviews / tests were meant to be completed by early Jan, but I got an email to say due to high applicants I had to wait til Jan for the start of my testing.
Don’t worry about it though. I just received my job offer / contract this week after being in taking pool. So it doesn’t hold you back!
Good luck, and this thread is very useful so get reading and practising your material Marie sends you out.

Cheers big ears

Busyboy89

Worried about only getting 24 on them dials! But we shall see when this email comes through!

Ontherails

Hey everyone!

Hope you guys who sat your tests recently hear good news soon.

Just wondering if any of the guys from the previous recruitment who have been invited to sit the group assessments on the 17th December have heard anything yet? It's two weeks today and about the time scale for Marie to send out the official e-mail with dates and times etc. I replied to her e-mail to say I wanted to participate but haven't heard anything further.

I am thinking maybe once these guys get to find out whether or not they made it to the next round, that will be when I hear something.... :?:

Hi Amanda, I am in the same position as you and wondering what time etc we need to arrive by. I think last time there were AM and PM sessions weren't there? I haven't received any new practice materials either but I do still have the original ones from last year.

Good luck to you and to everyone else on here too :)

Clarabella31

I'm still playing the waiting game too. Out of interest, can any of you good folks who have been through the process before give me the heads up as to whether they stick to the given dates in the job description for the next stages?

Amanda

Worried about only getting 24 on them dials! But we shall see when this email comes through!

I am pretty sure I only got about 23 last time and I made it through the next round. I'm sure it was twentysomething anyway. And on the phone book test I circled the wrong thing, I think I circled the name rather than the symbols or something (it would have been obvious what I was going for though). So don't worry too much.

Amanda

I'm still playing the waiting game too. Out of interest, can any of you good folks who have been through the process before give me the heads up as to whether they stick to the given dates in the job description for the next stages?

Last time: NO. See LaursP's post above. The ad had a load of dates in November and December but we didn't do anything till January.

Amanda

just received my job offer / contract this week after being in taking pool. So it doesn’t hold you back!

Yay! Great news! <:D

Amanda

Hi Amanda, I am in the same position as you and wondering what time etc we need to arrive by. I think last time there were AM and PM sessions weren't there? I haven't received any new practice materials either but I do still have the original ones from last year.

Good luck to you and to everyone else on here too :)

Hey @Ontherails, glad to hear someone else is waiting! I wonder if we met last time! I still have the practice material from last time but we won't need it for this stage as it's the group assessments we're going to but yes it was morning and afternoon last time, I went to an afternoon one. Fingers crossed for that e-mail though, I keep thinking, "did I send my reply to confirm I wanted to do it? What if Marie missed it somehow?", what can I say, I'm a bit of a pessimist. :lol:

Busyboy89

I am pretty sure I only got about 23 last time and I made it through the next round. I'm sure it was twentysomething anyway. And on the phone book test I circled the wrong thing, I think I circled the name rather than the symbols or something (it would have been obvious what I was going for though). So don't worry too much.

Cheers Amanda, all we can do is wait and see! Surely it should be soon!!

Last time: NO. See LaursP's post above. The ad had a load of dates in November and December but we didn't do anything till January.

Not true, like this time, in 2017 they had before and after xmas dates and the pre xmas dates were kept to pricisely. I believe they will be this time too, they have to have candidates for a March course in place, they can't therefore still be interviewing in Feb.

Amanda

Not true, like this time, in 2017 they had before and after xmas dates and the pre xmas dates were kept to pricisely. I believe they will be this time too, they have to have candidates for a March course in place, they can't therefore still be interviewing in Feb.

Sorry, I should have prefaced my reply with IN MY EXPERIENCE, as we can all only speak from our own experiences in this. And the only dates that were provided when the job was advertised in October 2017 were between October and December, there was no mention of any dates after that so I was surprised to make the cut after the first date mentioned (for the first tests) had passed or almost passed I think.

We only found out about new dates at each stage - two weeks before Christmas last year they sent an e-mail with the date of the first assessments, then after that they said "the next assessments will be in March" but didn't say when, then at the end of February we got the e-mail with the date of the next stage, and the interviews were a few weeks after that. There was certainly no list of dates provided to those who didn't fall into the first dates.

You can only talk about March start dates etc if you have insider knowledge, which as an applicant and knowing no one in the rail industry I do not have. Sorry if I confused people by speaking from my own experience.

Amanda

Anyway, I got my e-mail! Anyone else? I'm in the afternoon session. New thing this time is the need to bring a passport-sized photo!

LaursP

Anyway, I got my e-mail! Anyone else? I'm in the afternoon session. New thing this time is the need to bring a passport-sized photo!
Congratulations Amanda!! Come and join me on the March course, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.