• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
Got this email....

"We have received your application for the role of Trainee Depot Driver and we are currently still working on our shortlist for the interview. We will be back in touch soon to let you know if we will be asking you to come and meet us.

Thank you for bearing with us!"

Says interview....or is it just a generic reply? Either way I am hopeful

I haven't had an e mail but was on here last night and checked again just before I left for work and all the posts by people getting e mails were in early hours lol.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Markdev

Excellent got the email saying I have been shortlisted and will be in touch shortly.. just need some ammo now, good luck everyone

Dogbox

Normally apparently around 15-20 progress to mainline yearly (provided redundant freight drivers don't continue to jump the queue!)
The last time EMT advertised for qualified drivers it was open to ALL qualified drivers not just freight men.

Dynamonic

I'm shortlisted too!!! :D

It says wait for more information! My, my, that was quick!
Email sent at 01:07. (The night shift experience :lol:)

Last edited:

Dynamonic

Guessing I'm not then no e mail lol. Next .

They might well still be sifting applications, so you're still in it until they tell you otherwise.

If you didn't make it this time though, just try again. There'll be more opportunities soon, I'm sure.
Just look what you can do differently in your application and try again. (I failed the sift in my first attempt at this role, and made it to the MMI in my second. This is my third)

Markdev

They might well still be sifting applications, so you're still in it until they tell you otherwise.

If you didn't make it this time though, just try again. There'll be more opportunities soon, I'm sure.
Just look what you can do differently in your application and try again. (I failed the sift in my first attempt at this role, and made it to the MMI in my second. This is my third)
Hi what is the MMi and what does it involve please ? I am new to this completely

Hi what is MMI please ? I am out my depth with all the lingo as I am new to this completely and have no idea what stages mean what etc or how hard this is

Dynamonic

Hi Markdev,

The MMI stands for 'Multi-Modal Interview'.
It is a competency-based interview which will be part of Stage 4 of this process. (The third and final interview you will have)

Markdev

Hi Markdev,

It is a competency-based interview which will be part of Stage 4 of this process. (The third and final interview you will have)
Thank you this looks a tough process but lots of info on here

Dynamonic

Thank you this looks a tough process but lots of info on here

It is tough process, but, like you said, this forum is the best place for you to be!
It certainly helped me get far last time (and hopefully all the way this time ;))

All the best with the process Markdev! :D

baz962

Established Member
Hi Markdev,

Thing is last few jobs I have passed first sift and now have passed all psychometrics and mmi if it's not one thing lol but yes if they are still sifting then not yet a no

Markdev

It is tough process, but, like you said, this forum is the best place for you to be!
It certainly helped me get far last time (and hopefully all the way this time ;))

All the best with the process Markdev! :D
Thank you and the same to you dynamonic good luck

Potato185

No email here yet, but I know someone else who applied same time as me has heard back about being shortlisted.

Confidence lost? No. Should I sit here and wait? Yes. Hotel? Trivago.

Trico382

No email here yet, but I know someone else who applied same time as me has heard back about being shortlisted.

Confidence lost? No. Should I sit here and wait? Yes. Hotel? Trivago.

Haha best comment yet! Best of luck

James Macca

Are the stages set in stone or could it be any of them up next? Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I also found an email in my junk stating I have been short listed and to await further information.

Good luck to everyone.

What time you get yours mate

Hi baz,

I found it in the junk inbox and the email was sent yesterday at 17:00 (how I didn't see it I have no idea).

I submitted my application 2 days after it opened so it seems they are going through them as they were submitted like someone else said.

Good luck mate, it's an awful feeling waiting for news.

baz962

Established Member
Hi baz,

I found it in the junk inbox and the email was sent yesterday at 17:00 (how I didn't see it I have no idea).

I submitted my application 2 days after it opened so it seems they are going through them as they were submitted like someone else said.

Good luck mate, it's an awful feeling waiting for news.

Ok mate thanks

stjimmy87

Has anyone else got a reply that says "We have received your application for the role of Trainee Depot Driver and we are currently still working on our shortlist for the interview. We will be back in touch soon to let you know if we will be asking you to come and meet us"....I'm fearing the worst but the wording is interesting ..."shortlist for interview"....stage 1 is the tests is it not?

Has anyone else got a reply that says "We have received your application for the role of Trainee Depot Driver and we are currently still working on our shortlist for the interview. We will be back in touch soon to let you know if we will be asking you to come and meet us"....I'm fearing the worst but the wording is interesting ..."shortlist for interview"....stage 1 is the tests is it not?

Prepare for the worst and if it means you have skipped the assessments it will be a nice surprise. Or just email the lovely Tania and ask?

Dynamonic

They might be reviewing your application again, in comparison to other similarly placed applicants.

I'd take that as a 'could go either way' for now.

Hope you get some good news soon!

Just keep trying if you don't make it this time! :D

If you passed assessments recently, it could be that you may skip Stage 1 and go to Stage 2.

Termak

Has anyone else got a reply that says "We have received your application for the role of Trainee Depot Driver and we are currently still working on our shortlist for the interview. We will bhie back in touch soon to let you know if we will be asking you to come and meet us"....I'm fearing the worst but the wording is interesting ..."shortlist for interview"....stage 1 is the tests is it not?
Hi, I received the same email. Was wondering if it's what everyone got. I passed all assessments in April and mentioned it in my application.

Shunter44

i didnt make it either, i got this :-

Thank you for your application for the position of Trainee Depot Driver.

Unfortunately we're not going to progress your application on this occasion. We'd like to thank you for the interest you've shown and for the time you've taken doing your application.

We received over 2,000 applications for this role and the standard was exceptionally high so unfortunately we are not able to give specific feedback on your application, please note any requests for feedback will not be responded to. However if you check out the careers section of our website there's some great tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.