• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ontherails

Hey @Ontherails, glad to hear someone else is waiting! I wonder if we met last time! I still have the practice material from last time but we won't need it for this stage as it's the group assessments we're going to but yes it was morning and afternoon last time, I went to an afternoon one. Fingers crossed for that e-mail though, I keep thinking, "did I send my reply to confirm I wanted to do it? What if Marie missed it somehow?", what can I say, I'm a bit of a pessimist. :lol:
I was in the morning session last time but the afternoon one this time, which I found out in the email today, so I guess we'll meet soon! What I was unsure about last time was having to click on a link somewhere to confirm attendance as it would just disappear! I can see no link this time, can you?

I was there Friday the 30th also. A guy I know heard yesterday he got through but he was on the 29th course so fingers crossed there just behind with people

Amanda

I was in the morning session last time but the afternoon one this time, which I found out in the email today, so I guess we'll meet soon! What I was unsure about last time was having to click on a link somewhere to confirm attendance as it would just disappear! I can see no link this time, can you?

I wondered the same thing! In fact last time I was paranoid about it! :lol: I think they are expecting us to turn up, also we have already told them we're attending so maybe that's why there's no link? Although it read like a generic e-mail so I can't imagine they'd have a separate one for returners from previous recruitment campaigns?? I might just reply and say "okay I'll be there" to be on the safe side.

Also I noticed along with the photo requirement they actually specify smart dress... Which kinda goes without saying but last time I just wore my work clothes (black trousers, some boots that I only seen to wear to job interviews, and a top) and now I'm worried I might actually need a suit. Which I can't really afford to buy 2 weeks before Christmas. :oops:

But yes, @Ontherails, we shall meet! :E

Anyone else heard anything? I'm figuring more people must have heard. Bit weird that people from earlier test dates have not heard anything yet though?

Hazza

I am also still waiting for an email (attended Friday 30th). Out of interest is anyone able
To tell me please what the next stage on the 17th consists of? Little bit confused. Thank you in advance

LaursP

I wondered the same thing! In fact last time I was paranoid about it! :lol: I think they are expecting us to turn up, also we have already told them we're attending so maybe that's why there's no link? Although it read like a generic e-mail so I can't imagine they'd have a separate one for returners from previous recruitment campaigns?? I might just reply and say "okay I'll be there" to be on the safe side.

Also I noticed along with the photo requirement they actually specify smart dress... Which kinda goes without saying but last time I just wore my work clothes (black trousers, some boots that I only seen to wear to job interviews, and a top) and now I'm worried I might actually need a suit. Which I can't really afford to buy 2 weeks before Christmas. :oops:

Anyone else heard anything? I'm figuring more people must have heard. Bit weird that people from earlier test dates have not heard anything yet though?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve just added the ‘smart clothes’ in because there were a couple of people turning up in very casual, jogging bottom type trousers and hoodies when we did our first stage.

Amanda

Yes, @LaursP, I remember the chap in the tracky bottoms who seemed to have a million and one questions for the examiner at the end! :rolleyes::lol:

Ontherails

I will just wear what I wore before - a smart dress but not a suit. I think I need to swot up a bit this week. I felt more prepared last time so i need to get back up to speed.

Clarabella31

Well done to all you guys who've got through to the next stage. Hopefully the rest of us should here in the next couple of days.

Optimist

Hi does anyone know what the group assessments consist of please? Some examples would be great.

Busyboy89

I think it’s, a group exercise and presentation - Build a tower out of newspaper or what would you have on a desert island. that kind of thing.

Then it’s the speed interviews. Several questions with a minute to answer each one.

Amanda

Hi does anyone know what the group assessments consist of please? Some examples would be great.

At the one I attended in January this year it was: build a tower out of newspaper, a prioritising task (you work as.... In a.... How would you prioritise the following duties....), then speed interviews (which I had not been expecting, it wasn't mentioned on any of the e-mails EMT had sent me) consisting of 3 different questions.

It was surprisingly enjoyable!

I'm expecting it to be different this time round so don't take my word that it will be as I described....!

Status
Not open for further replies.