• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

severussnape

Like a few others in this forum I'm in the Etches Park talent pool, I was just wondering if anyone knew how many other people are in it? I got the Email last week that the earliest course I could get on is October and if I don't get on that its gonna be getting close to my stage 1 running out. Thanks.
I'm also in the talent pool for Derby.

Russell 926

Had my stage 1 on Wednesday 12th February. We were told it would probably be 2 weeks before we got told the result.
Got a well done you passed email on Monday and an invite to an assessment day in Leeds on the 28th today.

Last time I sat the Stage 2 Assessment Centre with EMR it was really enjoyable to be honest. Last time it was one group activity and then the quickfire interview questions. Has it changed at all since then? The email I received suggests there's more than one group activity and maybe some more individual exercises? I don't want to bother HR with questions as I imagine they're way too busy organising this current recruitment drive!

Received my email telling me I've passed the stage 1 assessments today, unfortunately all assessment days are now fully booked until bloody summer. Anyone else have to wait that long?

paully617

Same for me too but thankfully I have plenty of work based diversions to make the time fly by! I'm due to go away april to mid june so it works for me!!!

severussnape

Morning all. I have mentioned on here that I'm in the talent pool. It's looking very unlikely I'm going to be on a course before my stage 1 has expired. I'm now contemplating applying to other TOCs who may be recruiting in the near future. Would this be an issue? Are you allowed to apply to other TOCs whilst in a talent pool?

Ptrains

That's really poor from EMR, putting you through all the time and effort for nothing. I would hope that they pull out all the stops and get you on a course in time, even it means them offering you a job at a different depot. I've read that it's not unusual to get a date a few days before you are due to expire - so don't give up hope.

At my stage 2 the assessor told us that there was nothing wrong in applying to other TOCs, but that we would probably have to resit the assessments. If you failed them, it would screw up your current application as the new result would in effect overwrite your current scores. Having said that, it sounds like you've not got anything to loose

I'm also sweating it out in the EMR Depot Driver talent pool, and starting to get a little worried that after all this there might not be a job at the end. Has anyone heard of candidates not being offered a position on a course after being the talent pool?

Hope they sort something out for you..

dan2610

Morning all. I have mentioned on here that I'm in the talent pool. It's looking very unlikely I'm going to be on a course before my stage 1 has expired. I'm now contemplating applying to other TOCs who may be recruiting in the near future. Would this be an issue? Are you allowed to apply to other TOCs whilst in a talent pool?

When did you sit Stage 1?

severussnape

That's really poor from EMR, putting you through all the time and effort for nothing. I would hope that they pull out all the stops and get you on a course in time, even it means them offering you a job at a different depot. I've read that it's not unusual to get a date a few days before you are due to expire - so don't give up hope.

At my stage 2 the assessor told us that there was nothing wrong in applying to other TOCs, but that we would probably have to resit the assessments. If you failed them, it would screw up your current application as the new result would in effect overwrite your current scores. Having said that, it sounds like you've not got anything to loose

I'm also sweating it out in the EMR Depot Driver talent pool, and starting to get a little worried that after all this there might not be a job at the end. Has anyone heard of candidates not being offered a position on a course after being the talent pool?

Hope they sort something out for you..

I understand that its down to business needs within the organisation and i'm just a small fish in a pool of talent. But my life has been on hold for nearly 18 months. I haven't been on a family holiday, due to being worried about missing assessments and course start dates and turned down several promotions at work. I suppose that's just the nature of the beast. All my eggs are in the basket of being on the October course it would just be nice to have a heads up weather to keep on waiting or get on with my life.

Kevlar

Hey,

I recommend you apply to other opportunities. I was set on joining EMR and planned on relocating and went on a few day trips to Nottingham with the wife and we really loved the area. I started applying for local TOCs/FOCs and am now in 3 talent pools and have been told by GBRF that March/April start date is very likely.

severussnape

Hey,

I recommend you apply to other opportunities. I was set on joining EMR and planned on relocating and went on a few day trips to Nottingham with the wife and we really loved the area. I started applying for local TOCs/FOCs and am now in 3 talent pools and have been told by GBRF that March/April start date is very likely.
That's great news. I've got nothing to loose, I will start applying for other companies.

Kevlar

Yeah, I applied for TPE and was told I would have to resit Group Bourdon as the enhanced pass marks are lower for EMR so I withdrew that application, but the others were happy to accept my result I had done while applying for EMR and so it was just a single interview and straight into the talent pool. GBRF only interview people who have passed the tests so I'm grateful for EMR putting me through them.

severussnape

That seems like a very short window for your results to expire!

I’m in a talent pool for GWR, I’ve only been in a month but I was told that my results are valid for 5 years from the date I sat stage 1.
I know its crazy. I spoke to WMR and they allow 5 years. Not sure why East Mids only have a 2 year policy.

dan2610

I know its crazy. I spoke to WMR and they allow 5 years. Not sure why East Mids only have a 2 year policy.

It’s strange because I can only imagine it’s a policy they decide on themselves. It costs a lot of money to put people through the tests and the application process in general. They’ve already decided you’re suitable for the trainee role so it seems silly they’d restrict themselves and potentially waste talent if they don’t need to.

No talent pool guarantees a job but I have until September 2024 to wait for an offer so I’m a little more relaxed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.