• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyT

Interesting to hear that they may have changed the Glop test. Probably long over due in fairness. I'm about as prepared now as I'll ever be I guess, I can do no more.

Don't go in thinking that it might not appear for you though, I may have asked the other candidates the wrong questions about what they did so might not of been sure what I was on about (was so over excited being told I'd passed lol)

But good luck everyone. If you don't do the glop test please report back :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Don't go in thinking that it might not appear for you though, I may have asked the other candidates the wrong questions about what they did so might not of been sure what I was on about (was so over excited being told I'd passed lol)

But good luck everyone. If you don't do the glop test please report back :)
Undoubtedly there will still be a memory test. Be nice if it wasn't about the railway - did that one in the practice pack and started getting stuff mixed up between what I'd read and what I know from experience!

Kyle807

Hi everyone, I have also received the email being shortlisted for stage 1 for early next year and was wondering if the stage 1 is similar to the conductor testing, also if possible if anybody is able to send me any practice material it would be highly appreciated.

EastMidsMatt

Ok, completed stage 1 earlier today and it wasn't too bad. I'd like to think that I passed the national standards but pesky EMT want enhanced passes so I am 50/50. Now a prolonged wait for the email...

stjimmy87

Ok, completed stage 1 earlier today and it wasn't too bad. I'd like to think that I passed the national standards but pesky EMT want enhanced passes so I am 50/50. Now a prolonged wait for the email...

Best of luck to you.

What tests did you do in stage 1?

Max287

Good luck to everyone still to go in this week.

To the people who went today; were there morning and afternoon sessions? And how many people were in the room for the stage 1 tests?

Cheers in advance guys and girls

Markdev

Good luck to everyone still to go in this week.

To the people who went today; were there morning and afternoon sessions? And how many people were in the room for the stage 1 tests?

Cheers in advance guys and girls
Yes morning and afternoon sessions around 23/24 in the afternoon, should think the same for the morning one

spanspoon

i have passed the paper sift for emt but wont be taking part in stage 1 until next year.
would anyone who is sitting this round of stage 1 tests be willing to email me the revision prep pack sent by emt? i have been doing some revision using various websites but i would rather this be targeted.

spanspoon

i have passed the paper sift for emt but wont be taking part in stage 1 until next year.
would anyone who is sitting this round of stage 1 tests be willing to email me the revision prep pack sent by emt? i have been doing some revision using various websites but i would rather this be targeted.
also which tests are computerised?

Dynamonic

also which tests are computerised?

The computerised tests are in Stage 4, so all tests in Stage 1 are done on paper.

Stage 4 tests include:

A grey square test, where you press a button every time the shade of grey changes. (This is a long concentration test)

A picture test, where you look at a picture of a road scene for 2 seconds, and then answer multiple choice selections of what you saw.

A 2-hand coordination test, where you guide a ball around thin tracks using two joysticks. (You’re marked down for going out of bounds)

Stage 4 also has a Situational Judgement Exercise, where you answer questions on the screen about your priorities after certain scenarios.
These answers then feed into the Multi-Modal Interview, which you’ll sit on the same day, if you pass the computer tests.

You’ll get practice material for these tests along with your Stage 1 materials. (Stage 1 is everything up to and including page 40, and Stage 4 is everything after that) :D

Last edited:

Dynamonic

I wonder how long the wait will be to find out whether or not people passed the stage 1 enhanced tests...

I believe the OPC normally inform EMT of the results within 3 working days. So I reckon we should start hearing towards the end of next week.

It depends mostly on the timescales EMT want to keep.

Yeah, I’m also wondering if they are going to wait for all tests to be completed over this week and send the top results over.
I would be interested to find out what happens if not enough candidates meet the enhanced standards that EMT want.

Dan Smith

Hi guys, joined up as I'm attending the stage 1 tests tomorrow and wanted to thank those that have put up information - it's really helpful.

Best of luck to all that have got this far and maybe see some of you in the morning!!

Dan

TramWayne

There will be more than enough who meet enhanced standard. The worrying part for me is the assessment day.

Tests and interviews are fairly clear cut based on wether you can do it or not. Assessment days with group exercises are a lot more subjective and down to the opinion of the person watching over your group during the discussion.

Dynamonic

There will be more than enough who meet enhanced standard. The worrying part for me is the assessment day.

Tests and interviews are fairly clear cut based on wether you can do it or not. Assessment days with group exercises are a lot more subjective and down to the opinion of the person watching over your group during the discussion.

The trick with group exercises is to be a team player. Don’t be too dominant (shouting over people) and don’t try to hide.
It’s the little things that help too, like assisting people who are struggling if you happen to be playing a team game.

Like TramWayne said, enough people will achieve the Enhanced Standard.
However, if they didn’t, EMT would just wait to see who gets through in the January tests. They definitely would not lower their threshold.

Yeah, I’m also wondering if they are going to wait for all tests to be completed over this week and send the top results over.
I would be interested to find out what happens if not enough candidates meet the enhanced standards that EMT want.
Wasn't a 20-40% pass rate quoted somewhere for stage 1? So at enhanced level say 10-20%. Aye, more than enough I reckon.

Max287

I would expect a higher enhanced pass than 10-20% to be honest spank.

I’m curious if anybody who has been in this week could let us know what the female respresntation in the room has been for the tests, considering how strongly EMT were pushing for women to apply?

baz962

Established Member
I would expect a higher enhanced pass than 10-20% to be honest spank.

I’m curious if anybody who has been in this week could let us know what the female respresntation in the room has been for the tests, considering how strongly EMT were pushing for women to apply?

I think he mean's only 20% or less of people pass the test's to enhanced level I was told by Govia management and the opc that less than 60% pass the test's to any level.

Dynamonic

I doubt the standard for Enhanced Pass is that astronomically high.
I imagine it would be set clear above the borderline zone, to stop people merely scraping through Stage 1.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Only 2 and a half hours left for me now, we’ll soon find out! :D

baz962

Established Member
I doubt the standard for Enhanced Pass is that astronomically high.
I imagine it would be set clear above the borderline zone, to stop people merely scraping through Stage 1.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Only 2 and a half hours left for me now, we’ll soon find out! :D
I meant less than 40%

Dynamonic

Well, just got back from my Stage 1, and the wait is killing me already! :lol:

We were told to expect a wait of about a week for results.

Good luck everybody!

Dan Smith

I was at the morning session and I think there were around 20. 2 were women for those that asked.

Dan

Dynamonic

Similar in the afternoon.

There were about 20 of us, with 1 female and 2 internals from what I could see.(They were in uniform)
A couple of people only had to sit the Group Bourdon test before being allowed to leave (probably just to get that up to Enhanced standard).

It was that sort of friendly group where you hoped that everyone passes!
I’d love to think I’d see some of those faces again!

Last edited:
Similar in the afternoon.

There were about 20 of us, with 1 female and 2 internals from what I could see.(They were in uniform)
A couple of people only had to sit the Group Bourdon test before being allowed to leave (probably just to get that up to Enhanced standard).

It was the sort of friendly group where you hoped that everyone passes!
I’d love to think I’d see some of those faces again!

Maybe i'll pop in for some swedish meatballs this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.