• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee depot driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCBZ

Hi, I have applied for trainee depot driver in Plymouth, I’m waiting on a interview, just wondering if anyone could give me any information on the depot, traction’s , routes etc?I still haven’t done the psychometric test ,zoom interview would be first .Any information would be great thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Welcome to the forum! Have you looked at the thread in the sticky section at the top of the Railway Jobs and Careers page? It may be there.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I am new on here , but I will have a look thank you .
As a depot driver, it'll be Laira depot to Plymouth station.

Traction will be 800/802, 2+4HST, 150, 158 + possibly voyagers for XC moves

rhys37429

As a depot driver, it'll be Laira depot to Plymouth station.

Traction will be 800/802, 2+4HST, 150, 158 + possibly voyagers for XC moves
Bit odd for a depot driver to sign mainline track. Normally they just sign the confines of the depot itself.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Bit odd for a depot driver to sign mainline track. Normally they just sign the confines of the depot itself.
Not really. Hardly rare for them to sign depot and in to associated main station.

EMR depot drivers at Eastcroft sign Nottingham station, likewise at Derby

KCBZ

Reading the job description it states that I would move tractions to the stations.But what I am looking for is some more information about the daily basis of a Depot train driver role ,from a start of shift to the end of it , and about Plymouth Depot,tractions...anything really that I can add to the things I already know.Always when I can I speak with drivers at my station but I actually never spoke with a Depot train driver ,would be nice to know the differences.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Reading the job description it states that I would move tractions to the stations.But what I am looking for is some more information about the daily basis of a Depot train driver role ,from a start of shift to the end of it , and about Plymouth Depot,tractions...anything really that I can add to the things I already know.Always when I can I speak with drivers at my station but I actually never spoke with a Depot train driver ,would be nice to know the differences.
Depot Driver is a new grade at GWR so you won't have found any yet.

The role is simple. You'll move units to/from the depot and station, move units around the depot and prep units on depot for service.

KCBZ

Depot Driver is a new grade at GWR so you won't have found any yet.

The role is simple. You'll move units to/from the depot and station, move units around the depot and prep units on depot for service.
Thank you very much for the info , much appreciated .thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.