• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Drivers vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hey don't feel like that matey... You did amazingly to get as far as you did!

And it's not like this is the only vacancy that'll ever come up there, just stick it out and then try try again! Don't lose hope :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltabravo

i didnt get the job :cry:

im beyond gutted, just a letter through the door today saying you didnt get it, after depot manager interview which i thought went really well

dont no what to do, very depressed after such a long process

just had my dream taken away from me after living next to the railway line all my life, feel sick seing and hearing the trains going past.

Hey, I know how you feel, I recently got rejected for a role with Northern, and I felt bad too. Just stick at it, stay positive, and hopefully something will come your way soon :)

Rjhsteel

im beyond gutted, just a letter through the door today saying you didnt get it, after depot manager interview which i thought went really well

dont no what to do, very depressed after such a long process

just had my dream taken away from me after living next to the railway line all my life, feel sick seing and hearing the trains going past.

Sorry to hear that mate. Like others have said, don't give up.

robby p

Sorry to hear buddy, some people say everything happens for a reason though.

I joined LU as station staff specifically to eventually become a train operator, and commuted 3 hours a day to get to/from work! After 18 months I finally got to apply and found out I was unsuccessful. I was devastated, I just kept thinking I'd never be able to do it and that I had just wasted 18 months of my life. However 6 months later I was training as a driver for NXEA at a depot 20 mins drive away, I've been driving for 2 years now and I still love every day of it, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me, so who knows what's around the corner for you?

455driver

Veteran Member

dont no what to do

So you passed the psycho tests and CB interview (which gets logged as a pass on the central database) and only failed the Managers interview (which is TOC specific), I would say to ring them up and find out EXACTLY what you failed on, IE feedback, they may try and fob you off but persevere and you will get it, then re-apply for other TOCs telling them you have passed the drivers assessment (the managers interview is NOT part of these tests) and see what happens, you can even re-apply to the same TOC in 6 months.

I know how you feel as I had exactly the same happen to me a few years ago but did the above and got there. Chin up, learn from this and fix what prevented you getting there this time so you are better prepared next time.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.