• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - Chiltern Railways for London Marylebone & Birmingham Moor Street (13/08/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ua777

What experience do you have if you don't mind me asking?
Graduated this year, worked a retail job for a year during university, self-employed online sales and marketing business which I’ve been running for almost 2 years now. I come from an education routed from finance, and I’ve also been trading stocks, crypto and FX for the past 2/3 years. The whole trading thing isn’t too relevant to the role so I didn’t mention it on the application (though let me know if I should)

I feel my experience lacks in what they’re really looking for. Though I was hoping they would see that I’m a person who takes initiative and is able to execute on ideas whilst being independent.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ua777

Due to the number of applicants, the sift will focus on key words you have actually put. With the trading background you could emphasis traits such as attention to detail, independent working, awareness of risk etc.
Yeah I mentioned those attributes, but will maybe mention the trading along with it

Kenap

13/08/2021 - Trainee Driver Advert for Chiltern Railways just released for London Marylebone & Birmingham Moor Strestill with Chiltern Railways? if yes can we talk inbox? thanks

Rubbish. Have a look at the ORR website. Minimum age to hold a TDL.

Any Chiltern drivers here on the platform? kindly drop me a message in my inbox

Its possible that those who have heard back for Marylebone applied for the opportunities advertised in April, as opposed to those advertised last month.

Good point although they did say they would be in touch within 2 to 4 weeks and I've gone over that now.

Just going to wait it out, used to the waiting game with TFW.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Same here I've heard nothing for when I applied for Moor Street but when I log into my careers portal it still says application in progress for when I applied in mid August.

alekseib5

Hello everyone! Back in August I have applied for a Trainee Train Driver position for both Marylebone and Harlesden. On the 3rd of September I had an email about the next stage which would be the VSE Assessment. In this email I was asked to reply with basic personal details to [email protected]. Haven't heard anything from them since then. Had even sent a follow up email to the same email mid September, which had no success either. Would this mean that I just have to forget about it or I still need to wait longer?

Thank you

I would just hang on.

Recruitment for the rail industry is one of the worst processes going, it takes forever and they leave you in the dark but I'm sure there will be some movement in the future.

nb2001uk

Hello everyone! Back in August I have applied for a Trainee Train Driver position for both Marylebone and Harlesden. On the 3rd of September I had an email about the next stage which would be the VSE Assessment. In this email I was asked to reply with basic personal details to [email protected]. Haven't heard anything from them since then. Had even sent a follow up email to the same email mid September, which had no success either. Would this mean that I just have to forget about it or I still need to wait longer?

Thank you
was it for chiltern railways?

T-Karmel

Andy, as per his email address, usually covers CrossCountry's recruitment, now that Lia has left he also needs to cover for Overground and Chiltern ever since, so I would expect him to be very very busy.

Until you hear a No from them, you're still being considered. It may take some time though. I would forget about it for now, and whenever they invite you for VSE, that's when you'll know it's progressing.

I see Chiltern are now looking for qualified train drivers at Moor Street. Don't know if that means the trainee position is out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.