• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - Chiltern Railways for London Marylebone & Birmingham Moor Street (13/08/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cassy j

does anyone have a contact email for Chiltern railway? Is it the same as Arriva?

swof

What was asked in the interview?
general interview questions, company knowledge, why you want to be a driver and examples off situations youve been in. One was gathering information and relaying it, facing difficulty, cant really remember anything else. hope this helps you prepare!

B Boy 82

This is a reply I got from Chiltern today when asked about the next step VSE

Attachments

• 85DA7BB3-66D3-4FF7-91AD-AE3F0F3903F0.jpeg
    85DA7BB3-66D3-4FF7-91AD-AE3F0F3903F0.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 181
No haven't heard anything but application is still in process. I applied for Birmingham Moor Street back in mid August. You applied for Marylebone?
My application, for Moor St, now has the title of XC Trainee Train Driver (Aylesbury) on my db careers portal account. I can only assume that the name change is some sort of oversight or error. I also have an actual XC trainee driver application also showing 'in process' so I have no idea what has gone on there.
Fingers crossed for the new year then lads and lasses.

rowhsi8

13/08/2021 - Trainee Driver Advert for Chiltern Railways just released for London Marylebone & Birmingham Moor Street.
Has anyone received any further update on this? I applied but haven't received any further updates and the portal still says application on process.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I still haven't heard anything but still says application in process, been five months since i applied back in the middle of august.

boxerdog

The 2 appreciate driver places for Moor Street depot (February course) have been filled and the course is supposed to start next week. There's supposedly another course towards the summer.......

dereksingh291

On Moderation
The 2 appreciate driver places for Moor Street depot (February course) have been filled and the course is supposed to start next week. There's supposedly another course towards the summer.......
Are the courses towards the summer for Moor Street and Marylebone? I’ve checked my application for Moor Street and it still says application in process so I wonder what’s happening and when Chiltern will invite for the assessments and interviews?

boxerdog

Are the courses towards the summer for Moor Street and Marylebone? I’ve checked my application for Moor Street and it still says application in process so I wonder what’s happening and when Chiltern will invite for the assessments and interviews?
Unfortunately I don't know, sorry that I can't help you further

ChooChooseMe

Hi all,

anybody who got through this and has had a start date of 25 July, be aware (after me chasing them) I have just been told the course has potentially been put back to August 15, I'm awaiting a call back though as I've heard nothing from them really, and I'm already working my 8 weeks notice.

porksandwhich

Hi all,

anybody who got through this and has had a start date of 25 July, be aware (after me chasing them) I have just been told the course has potentially been put back to August 15, I'm awaiting a call back though as I've heard nothing from them really, and I'm already working my 8 weeks notice.
My start date is 15th August

Ua2888

I’ve had an email confirming mine is now as well.
@porksandwhich

Great news well done! Congratulations!!

I had my interview in the last few days. My DB account under “your applications” says “assessment”. I’m not sure what it said before as I didn’t check (I applied like 9/10 months ago)

What are your thoughts? You reckon I got through the interview and onto the assessments stage? I haven’t heard anything back since the interview so the anticipation is killing me.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
@porksandwhich

I had my interview in the last few days. My DB account under “your applications” says “assessment”. I’m not sure what it said before as I didn’t check (I applied like 9/10 months ago)

What are your thoughts? You reckon I got through the interview and onto the assessments stage? I haven’t heard anything back since the interview so the anticipation is killing me.
what depot did you go for? I applied for Birmingham Moor Street.

porksandwhich

I’m still not counting my chickens just yet call me a cynic!
I’m assuming you’ve had your offer letter?

@porksandwhich

My application was quite some time ago too. Was 5 days after my interview before I was invited to do my assessments.

Ua2888

Hi all it’s been just over 2 weeks since my interview. The portal still says status “assessment”, but I’ve not heard anything since the interview.

Is it appropriate to call the person who arranged the interview (not the interviewers), and ask for an update?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.