• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - DB Cargo - Various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Craig

The 'new' CEO and his team are certainly wanting the company to work and are keen to listen to those who do the job day in and day out.

Freight is a merry-go-round of work. One company loses, another gains and then that company can't fulfil another contract they've got, so that moves on etc. But there's many positives too... My route card is significant, I drive different traction and trains most days, there's short shifts, cancelled shifts etc too, then there's the 192 instances or 1536 hours, which, when you've done them, you're either off or on overtime. All in, I enjoy it.
Mate that's really good to hear. Very positive. I have no issues being flexible with the days I am working as long as I get time with my family I'm good. After all they are the reason we go to work in the first place.
Also the variety to the shifts, type of different trains etc... Is the reason why I chose freight in the first place.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gary Craig

The 'new' CEO and his team are certainly wanting the company to work and are keen to listen to those who do the job day in and day out.

Freight is a merry-go-round of work. One company loses, another gains and then that company can't fulfil another contract they've got, so that moves on etc. But there's many positives too... My route card is significant, I drive different traction and trains most days, there's short shifts, cancelled shifts etc too, then there's the 192 instances or 1536 hours, which, when you've done them, you're either off or on overtime. All in, I enjoy it.
Thanks mate. It makes a difference to hear from someone who works for them. Reassures me I've made the right choice. So many negative things said sometimes on the forums.

1StopBeyond

Just curious as to whether anybody heard back from a trainee position that was advertised for the North West at the start of this year????

MA8141

Any news on any other courses ? I’ve got my DMI on Tuesday and probably think it’s going to be a little longer wait post that but still optimistic that if all goes well il be training this side of Christmas !

johnlh

Any news on any other courses ? I’ve got my DMI on Tuesday and probably think it’s going to be a little longer wait post that but still optimistic that if all goes well il be training this side of Christmas !

What depot did you apply for mate? I’ve heard there’s courses every month but I’ve been waiting since April and not heard anything direct from DB about courses.

MA8141

Thank you very much ! Nervous but really happy to be making ground and see some forward movement !

Status
Not open for further replies.