• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - DB Cargo - Various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topcat999

Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’ve applied for Warrington Bank Quay.
Just wondering if anyone has any more info:
I believe it’s a 13 week roster: is Sunday’s part of working week?
How many weekends are worked in the 13 weeks?
Are there overnight stays?
Is it 4 or 5 days per week?

Any info greatly appreciated!!

do you have a link for this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJL9916

Opened Tuesday and closed Friday from what I’m aware.

That sounds about right, kicking myself as I was going to apply on the Thursday but was told by HR it's not gonna close until Friday 8th March so thought to myself may as well do it over the weekend and spend some time brushing my CV up, come to apply on the Sunday and had gone! will know better for next time!

johnlh

I’m still waiting to hear back from my DMI but just have a question for any current drivers.

If you’re based at the North Kent hub for example but are required to start work at Hoo Junction is the travel time from the hub to the start location included in your working day? Do you get paid fuel costs from the central hub to the depot or is just a matter of you start where you’re told to and the travel time/cost is down to you? I just want to clarify how it works.

Thanks

Marx

I’m still waiting to hear back from my DMI but just have a question for any current drivers.

If you’re based at the North Kent hub for example but are required to start work at Hoo Junction is the travel time from the hub to the start location included in your working day? Do you get paid fuel costs from the central hub to the depot or is just a matter of you start where you’re told to and the travel time/cost is down to you? I just want to clarify how it works.

Thanks
Hi John I was there on the 5th ..I “ think” from what I recall it’s included in your day but I could be wrong my brain turned to Mush after the interview lol
Regards
Mark

Hammerk

Hi John I was there on the 5th ..I “ think” from what I recall it’s included in your day but I could be wrong my brain turned to Mush after the interview lol
Regards
Mark

How did you get on with your dmi? I was meant to have it on the 5th, but they re-scheduled me for the 14th. If I'm correct you did your second assessment with me in Doncaster last Monday (Kent Police)

Marx

How did you get on with your dmi? I was meant to have it on the 5th, but they re-scheduled me for the 14th. If I'm correct you did your second assessment with me in Doncaster last Monday (Kent Police)

Hi mate yeah it was me .. it’s reasonably relaxed some questions similar to the MMI.. really couldn’t call it as to how I done tbh good luck with yours

Atishyou

Thanks

If you're at North Kent, Hoo is included in that. It's your responsibility to ensure you get to Hoo for your shift start time, as that will be your booking on point for that shift. Travelling time is not included in the shift unless you start from somewhere else, then have to travel to Hoo, then travel back to where you booked on, in which case, it would be included.

Fuel costs are paid per 4 weeks and are simply a payment based on the average mileage expected at that hub.

I believe North Kent is in the band of £600 per annum fuel allowance. (There's £0/£600/£800).

johnlh

If you're at North Kent, Hoo is included in that. It's your responsibility to ensure you get to Hoo for your shift start time, as that will be your booking on point for that shift. Travelling time is not included in the shift unless you start from somewhere else, then have to travel to Hoo, then travel back to where you booked on, in which case, it would be included.

Fuel costs are paid per 4 weeks and are simply a payment based on the average mileage expected at that hub.

I believe North Kent is in the band of £600 per annum fuel allowance. (There's £0/£600/£800).

Thanks for clearing that up mate. Very helpful.

sspjpeter

Had my DMI on Tuesday... craving for that email or phone call..

Just wondering whether there will be any start dates offered soon for North Kent and all ..!!!

Hammerk

Had my DMI on Tuesday... craving for that email or phone call..

Just wondering whether there will be any start dates offered soon for North Kent and all ..!!!
I'm having mine next Thursday. Any tips?
Thanks

sspjpeter

I'm having mine next Thursday. Any tips?
Thanks

Nothing major to worry about to be quite honest if at all you have done a job interview before.. company knowledge and the usual competency based interview qn format..
Best of luck

Hammerk

Nothing major to worry about to be quite honest if at all you have done a job interview before.. company knowledge and the usual competency based interview qn format..
Best of luck

Thanks. Have they given you any indication on time scales for medical and the start of training?

Brad1

Hi,
Has anybody herd anything back from the latest trainee driver job that was advertised reacently for Warrington?

Brad1

Ah ok, would of thought with the job advert being closed early they might of started the paper sift early. They must be sticking to the original email dates.

anglian96

Hi gents and lady's. I've passed my medical on Tuesday and was wondering how long until you heard back with a start date?

Status
Not open for further replies.