• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Talent Pool 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydr3am3r

Good news that’s it’s moving along. To those that have assessment centre dates what depot have you applied for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

annaelizabet

I applied for the Plymouth Trainee position back in April. Had an email through 2 days ago inviting me to the assessment centre in Exeter in September. Anyone else going there?

Rich.16

Hi New to this kinda thing. So sorry of already been covered

I applied for BTM earlier this year for the 2020/2021 talent pool. Did my two online assessments but nothing since. Anyone else applied for the same?

Cheers

Daydr3am3r

Hi New to this kinda thing. So sorry of already been covered

I applied for BTM earlier this year for the 2020/2021 talent pool. Did my two online assessments but nothing since. Anyone else applied for the same?

Cheers

I have a colleague in the same boat Rich. I would say no news is good news at the moment!

They will prioritise depots instead of particular candidates do it may well be the case that those that have received invites to stage 1 assessments are at other stations and not BTM at this time. Be patient and it will start to move in time!

Rich.16

Thanks for the information, il just keep my fingers crossed and wait :)

I read alot saying into the talent pool and passed all assessments ect. Get me worried there aint many spaces left.

annaelizabet

Those going to the assessment day, do you have any idea which tests we'll be doing? Presuming we're not doing the Situational judgement or MMI?

Rich.16

If you dont mind me asking when did you apply? For which toc? Iv been told still at OPC checks nothing more and that was June lol Good luck tho!!
Less than a week to go for the assessment. Nervously excited

Anon87

Yh same, passed online assessments now awaiting dates to proceed further . Iv applied for Bristol Temple Meads
Hi Rich,

I also applied for BTM. Did my online assessments at the end of June - haven’t heard back but I presume this means I’ve passed? Is this the same for you?

Rich.16

Hi yes exactly the same mate.

From what iv been told there is no time scale for theses as they are still doing the 2019/2020 lot first

Hi Rich,

I also applied for BTM. Did my online assessments at the end of June - haven’t heard back but I presume this means I’ve passed? Is this the same for you?

Anon87

Hi yes exactly the same mate.

From what iv been told there is no time scale for theses as they are still doing the 2019/2020 lot first

Absolutely mate - as we’re in the later pool I wouldn’t personally be expecting to hear anything this side of Christmas, perhaps not even until Spring

Rich.16

Yh i guy from my work applied in september 2018 and has only just been told for his MMI section !! So going on that could be up to a year haha

Absolutely mate - as we’re in the later pool I wouldn’t personally be expecting to hear anything this side of Christmas, perhaps not even until Spring

michael74

Those going to the assessment day, do you have any idea which tests we'll be doing? Presuming we're not doing the Situational judgement or MMI?
I read somewhere on here no computer based tests at this stage, so I assume just group bourdon, TEA-Occ, TRP parts 1 & 2.

The books from GWR are not very clear, it even talks about the Situational Judgment Test.

Stigy

Established Member
I read somewhere on here no computer based tests at this stage, so I assume just group bourdon, TEA-Occ, TRP parts 1 & 2.

The books from GWR are not very clear, it even talks about the Situational Judgment Test.
Situational Judgment Test varies from TOC to TOC so could be done at this stage, with the results still being used at a later date for the MMI as intended.

dabollicks

From the email I got sent
What tests will I take?

At this first stage you will take the following paper tests :

- Group Bourdon (GBD)
- The Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ)
- Trainability for Rules & procedures Parts 1 and 2 (TRP)
- Written Communications Test (WCT)

You will also take the following computer based exercises:

- The WAFV Vigilance Test
- The ATAVT Perception Test
- The Situational Judgement Exercise (SJE)

mercie3281

From experience you will be doing the paper tests only. Those successful will get invited to the part two assessments at Swindon which include the computer tests and if you pass those on the day you stay behind to do the MMI on the same day

dabollicks

From experience you will be doing the paper tests only. Those successful will get invited to the part two assessments at Swindon which include the computer tests and if you pass those on the day you stay behind to do the MMI on the same day
Ahhh. Makes sense. Thanks

annaelizabet

Did anyone go to the assessment centre today? I'm on tomorrows afternoon course so hoping for some insight into the day.... Nerves are kicking in now!

Status
Not open for further replies.