• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers Freighliner HH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ballast rat

Hey guys,
Was just wondering. Is the FLHH depot at Doncaster in same place as the container depot?
I was passing today and thought I'd check it out. Google only gives the container depot at Donnie.
Not long to go now!

Yes. It's the first green container as you drive in the carpark.

class 9

Hey guys,
Was just wondering. Is the FLHH depot at Doncaster in same place as the container depot?
I was passing today and thought I'd check it out. Google only gives the container depot at Donnie.
Not long to go now!
Yes the SOP at Doncaster is at Railport, one of the blue containers as you go in. You will be in the Doncaster link, but the majority of the time you will book on and off at Ferrybridge, as it is not depot in its own right.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ahh, much like the Thames Trains driver training programme 15 years ago?... <(
This is a major concern of myself and colleagues,one of the contributory factors of the Ladbrooke Grove disaster was the poor training of the driver (RIP), Thames Trains had cut driver training down to bare bones, just as HH has now.
The classroom based training is 8-9 weeks, compared say to Northern, where they in classroom for 16 weeks!
I really hope this doesn't cause an increase in incidents, but you lads will be really up against it, bit of a tip- do plenty of reading up in the evenings, and ask plenty of questions. Good luck.

JAMBO

Time is money at the end of the day with HH. Like its been said its run by accountants. There over 100 drivers short, so they just want trainees out of that classroom and in the seat been productive ASAP regardless.

siw8158

Well that explains why there's only 6wks hotel stays booked for the 2nd part of the course.

I guess it depends on from where you're entering this position from either from within the railways or 'off the street'.

Coming from within the rail industry and having a really good trainer at XC who focused more on the operational side of job during training and a ex-XC colleague who's now at FGW said he's transitioned across fine.

If coming from off the street then it'll be a steep learning curve, but it's assumed to not be too much to put new starters out of their depth hence all the assessments folks have been through to test their suitability.

And even if the course is deemed short, it's still got to contain everything needed as the company still have to hit safety standards.

A (rule) book can teach you so much but you've then got to do it in practice!

Sure it'll surpass DCR's! (See Stafford SPAD!)

4 days to go!

NinjaJihad

Not long guys!!

What time are you all aiming to get to the Hotel on Sunday at? Also, how smart are you dressing on Monday? Full suit, Smart jumper/trousers, Jeans and T-shirt!?!

It's all very real now, been a long process since June.

Phatdan

Not long guys!!

What time are you all aiming to get to the Hotel on Sunday at? Also, how smart are you dressing on Monday? Full suit, Smart jumper/trousers, Jeans and T-shirt!?!

It's all very real now, been a long process since June.

I'm driving up from Southend on sea but should be there around 7ish. In the bar for 8 .

From what I understand we'll be given uniform on the first day but I'm just taking trousers and shirt .

NinjaJihad

Long drive for you Phatdan. I'm aiming to get to hotel around the same time but not quite so far for me, coming up from Birmingham.

I'll leave the tie at home then!

rich200tdi

Im gonna try and get up around half 6-7, ready for 8. Gotta drop parts off in Leicester on the way up.

The training cant be the bad, else they wouldnt be able to pass any one out.

As for monday, I should imagine jean etc should suffice, they are handing out uniform afterall.

Not long now guys!!!!! :D

Bigd

It's all starting become real now whilst packing bag for crewe tomorrow. I'm hoping to arrive at around 6 - 6.30 so shall see you all there

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.