• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers Manchester stations - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaine19

Ah ok. Sorry to hear anyways bud. Yeah they seem to want a lot of Drivers. I've done assessments with TPE so am hoping I have a good shout... my notice period of 3 months were I work now doesn't help though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cin88

I did stage one with TPE, passed but didn't get through (damn dots let me down for enhanced standard), i'm hoping I can still sit stage two with northern without having to wait another three months.

Red Devil

Arriva are taking a lot of drivers on in the not too distant future,20 in my depot alone I heard.
Advertising for driver trainers internally as secondment for a year to cover the classes.
So keep an eye out everybody.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As for selection process, no way would I ever pass it now. Then again never knew how doing the dots helped stop a 142 on a black railhead. Or any of the other things come to think of it

Lucky63

A friend of mine has received invite to assessment day in relation to this role.

kelv

Got my email today as well. Received a generic email to do my assessments but I've already passed them

contact them to ensure they attach them to your application, I had this situation for conductor & then I got a rejection email stating that I hadnt completed the tests by the deadline.
At least if you have some kind of email confirmation that theyll be attached you can get your app reinstated if the system boots you. It was the only way I got back 'live' again.

kaine19

Yeah I rang Friday evening but as 5pm the woman had gone home. Said they will ring me monday but I'll ring them

cin88

Sorry to hear that. Can you get feedback and work on that?

I know what's happened, I didn't do my homework to my standards due to work and it ended up costing me. No point crying over it when I can just try again at the next opportunity. I'll get on eventually, just a case of keeping at it.

kaine19

Good attitude. I came back from florida on a Thursday and had my interview monday. Soon as I got home I was straight on the laptop

Lucky63

Just an update for those interested, my friend has assessment in Doncaster next week in relation to these roles.

kaine19

When did your friend get the email? I've passed my mine but I'll let my friends know they started passing emails out

kaine19

Ok cool. There's a few of us with same notice period hr mentioned people with short notice are probably going to be starting sooner than us ours is 3 months but she also mentioned we would have give about 4 weeks and not 3 months which is fine by me haha

Lucky63

Ok cool. There's a few of us with same notice period hr mentioned people with short notice are probably going to be starting sooner than us ours is 3 months but she also mentioned we would have give about 4 weeks and not 3 months which is fine by me haha

Do they say when their courses are?
My friend is highly unlikely to make any within next four months.
Certainly aiming for something later in the year. Not sure how accommodating they'll be if he passes assessments...

kaine19

No they didn't. I could do with knowing my self. I no one starts on 16th may. She said I wouldn't be able give 3 months notice as she couldn't possibly book me on a course that far ahead
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see the advert is back up

cin88

Time to have another stab at applying then.

Edit: Nevermind, there's one of those 6 month limitations on applying. Hopefully they'll still be recruiting in October.

Last edited:

maccalad

Had my interview week last Tuesday but still no news on email or via the webpage. I've just been diagnosed with MS, so I'm out of the running now but would still be interested to see if I got past the interview.
Good luck to everyone on here. I'm currenlty a copper and have been for 10 years, this selection process is certainly more testing that the ones designed for prospective police officers.
Anyways, good luck everybody. This is one of those dream jobs that's out of my reach now but I wish you all the best.
Cheers

If you pay into the Fed, I assume you've explored your critical illness cover, given the diagnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.