• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Phone not letting me put link on again..
TPE looking for Trainees at various locations details on First Group careers website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aivilo

That's gonna frustrate a good friend of mine. Lime street seems to be a qualified black hole

cin88

Just started a new job (2 months in) but becoming a train driver is a goal of mine so i'm definitely applying for this. Doubt i'll even get to the interview stage but it's still worth a shot.

cin88

Anyone having problems doing the omline assessment

The concentration test froze on me before it finally started, spent 20 minutes refusing to move in case it started whilst I was gone.

Doubt i've passed the second assessment to be honest :(

Nick82

I have notices TPE dont ask if youve previously taken Train Driver assessments. Has anyone else experienced this and does it come out in the interview.

The York one is still open this morning. But all the others have closed. I've applied for York but just done the second assessment and know I got a fair few wrong (at least one each sections 2-5). Frustrating cos in the practise I only got 2 wrong in the last section (possibly still not enough to pass anyway!). It is very intense. Got a feeling another rejection is coming my way!

My best advice for the second assessment is USE A MOUSE - not a touchpad. You need to move the cursor quickly. I did the first practise with a touchpad and did terrible mainly because I couldn't move the cursor and click in time. I got the mouse off the PC and plugged into the laptop and did much better in my second practise.

OOI, the TPE depot in York on Leeman road - the new looking place - is this where TPE drivers are based in York?

Last edited:

Nick82

Does anyone know how long it takes the results from the 1st assessment too come back. Is it automatic or done by HR, as I am aware its Sunday. My profile states 'Verifying Checking' and that 'My results have not been received yet'. Have I missed something?

Daz9284

Does anyone know how long it takes the results from the 1st assessment too come back. Is it automatic or done by HR, as I am aware its Sunday. My profile states 'Verifying Checking' and that 'My results have not been received yet'. Have I missed something?

When I applied last December, it took a month after the second assessment for me to receive a rejection e-mail.

donpoku

The York one is still open this morning. But all the others have closed. I've applied for York but just done the second assessment and know I got a fair few wrong (at least one each sections 2-5). Frustrating cos in the practise I only got 2 wrong in the last section (possibly still not enough to pass anyway!). It is very intense. Got a feeling another rejection is coming my way!

My best advice for the second assessment is USE A MOUSE - not a touchpad. You need to move the cursor quickly. I did the first practise with a touchpad and did terrible mainly because I couldn't move the cursor and click in time. I got the mouse off the PC and plugged into the laptop and did much better in my second practise.

OOI, the TPE depot in York on Leeman road - the new looking place - is this where TPE drivers are based in York?
Can you elaborate in these please names etc. Many thanks.

stevieoz

I think if you look again the verify check is actually the next test after the sjt test.

JCLeeds

I think if you look again the verify check is actually the next test after the sjt test.

Guys where are you seeing 'verify check' on your profile? I've just done the first test, it just says Train Driver SJT with a completion date and time. Theres been no email about a second test and I dont see 'verify check' anywhere at all? Help appreciated
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Steve how long between the first test and getting an email about the second?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry guys panic over I already got the second test email just now. FYI for anyone waiting, it was about 20 minutes

stevieoz

Wow! I feel like I did rubbish on that last online test, although I would imagine most do as its pretty hard at the end.

JCLeeds

Christ that 2nd test was hard Harder than anything done at the driver assessments IMO. Hope the passmark isnt insanely high

yerman164

Describe the second test and what you have to do?

You are given a long number or set of characters and have to compare it against several options and select the one that matches. You have to do this repeatedly and you are given less time as the test continues. There's barely time to think for the last stage.

It's difficult, however I am not sure whether there is a set 'pass' score or not. I am fairly sure I did badly last year on it and was still invited for a telephone interview and sat the assessments.

Nick82

Well I must say that test is a bumber. Makes me wonder what the idea is, pretty sure I got a few one there wrong. Unsure how that relates making the grade or not considering you have the assessment days and people pass them????

Confused!!!!

fabs

If I were recruiting I wouldn't set a 'pass mark' for these tests merely league table people and set a cut off number.
Given the amount of applications there will be, it'd be impossible for a human to carry out an initial sift.
The test, I imagine, deliberately get exponentially harder so there there is less chance that a shed load of people having the same score. Just a guess though.

Des587

Evening all, I was just wondering if I should call the recruitment line as I did and passed the same tests (including the assessment centre) for FGW in May just gone. Does anyone know if that test is still a valid pass?

Daz9284

Evening all, I was just wondering if I should call the recruitment line as I did and passed the same tests (including the assessment centre) for FGW in May just gone. Does anyone know if that test is still a valid pass?

It is up to you, however I bet there are loads of people who have applied and have passed the tests (I passed all, inc DMI and medical for FLHH).

Regards
Darryl

Status
Not open for further replies.