• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTE

Did anyone manage to speak to HR? I've tried calling for the last 20 minutes or so but just get a recorded message. I thought we'd have heard something at least today, even just to say the process has been delayed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ambdan

Has anyone tried phoning today? I hadan email response saying they are awaiting updates

JCLeeds

That's what I got when I tried. Think they have forgotten about us.

I don't think they have forgotten, but something strange is definitely going on with this recruitment. I suspect everything may have been put on hold. I am one of the ones who was told by phone that I had definitely been shortlisted for interview, the only delay was 'finding more available rooms for interviews'; then by email that I had been un-shortlisted with no explanation. I have spoken to HR a few times by phone; the first few times in the earlier stages I spoke to people who seemed very knowledgeable and who would look into my specific application and talk to me about it. The last few times, people didn't seem to know much, and wouldnt pull up my details to speak about it. No one has yet been able to give me any feedback on my un-shortlisting, and some have mentioned that more interviews may happen. It seems HR staff are themselves waiting on info from higher places.
You also get the recorded message, sometimes for a few days at a time, (busy times when staff are away interviewing?) but I wouldnt read too much into that.
It wouldnt surprise me if the whole thing has been put on hold, and that the April start wont happen. Though this may also mean that we (especially those of you who have already had interviews) have been put in a kind of sub- 'talent pool' to be pulled out when they know what is happening.
This may even work to our advantage - they may for example have put things on hold because they actually need more than they originally thought, and they get more folk in, but for a later start date.
Patience, as ever, and we will see what transpires. Good luck to all still in with a shot.

Last edited:

Ambdan

Sorry, I emailed to see if there was any news and to see if there was some kind of freeze but I received a response saying they are awaiting updates

PlaneOldEmma

Hi all,

New to the forum, found this thread when Googling TPE trainee drivers as wondered whether others had heard yet from the DMI's at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.

I called up about two weeks ago, as was concerned the interview result email had gone walkabout, or that we'd just been forgotten about, and was told that they'd frozen all applications due to the franchise agreement.

Sadly, they couldn't give me a time frame in which I'd hear, just that it could be a few weeks, or a few months. So just a waiting game now.

Doesn't stop me frantically unlocking my phone every time an email comes through though! :roll:

Des587

I contacted HR yesterday and was informed the recruitment process was now going ahead now that the franchise transition/paperwork etc has been completed. In fact there were very helpful, they have said that they are now gathering all the information to start sending out emails but to be patient as there are a lot of applications to process. Not sure if they will send them out in order of success or when people had their interview (earlier interview = first email). They have also said that this should be next week. My own personal opinion (not theirs) is that the course must be delayed due to the notice period everyone has to give. Well I hope this has you all some useful info and emails are received soon.
Fingers crossed ??????

kaine19

Wonder if that's because northern/arriva have to go ahead to recruit now. As lot of people who applied may go northern and then northern don't have pay for people assessment as first did it for them. Will see anyways

Ambdan

Well definitely waiting with baited breath for some sort of answer now! Fingers crossed for you all

Hopeful2015

I've just rung HR and they said they have no update as they have had no feedback regarding interviews yet and when they do they will let us know.
She said they haven't forgotten about us and know how frustrating it is.
It seems they are telling us different things.

I've just rung HR and they said they have no update as they have had no feedback regarding interviews yet and when they do they will let us know.
She said they haven't forgotten about us and know how frustrating it is.
It seems they are telling us different things.

Yep it's quite strange. At least we're not getting the dreaded 'you will be placed in a talent pool for six months'

I doubt anything will happen for a few weeks yet. There is a recruitment freeze on and and new franchise starting on 1 April.
Things will start to happen first two weeks in April, and my prediction is for a start date of late June

DH1986

I emailed for an update and they replied today to say there's no update and they're still awaiting feedback.

In the meantime however, I've been offered a position with Northern and start on the 18th April, pending the Medical on the 7th!

Hopeful2015

I emailed for an update and they replied today to say there's no update and they're still awaiting feedback.

In the meantime however, I've been offered a position with Northern and start on the 18th April, pending the Medical on the 7th!

Well done. When was your interview and Which northern depot

Last edited:

Louby

See you there !

fabs

Congrats on the job with Northern. To the others, hang in there it's not just the candidates that are frustrated.

Everywhere

Northern is akin with 'any port in a storm', but well done and move from there when chances in the future arise, northern are poor, very poor, cant see Arriva improving the dull, horrid militant staff and disinterested managers I currently have the displeasure of engaging with on a daily basis in this very dull depressing company, but ignore me for now, this will be how you feel in less then 5 years....:roll:

Albatross

Northern is akin with 'any port in a storm', but well done and move from there when chances in the future arise, northern are poor, very poor, cant see Arriva improving the dull, horrid militant staff and disinterested managers I currently have the displeasure of engaging with on a daily basis in this very dull depressing company, but ignore me for now, this will be how you feel in less then 5 years....:roll:

What a load of rubbish. Northern are great to work for, I've recently come back after going elsewhere for a couple of years.

By far the most varied diagrams even if it is stopping work, non interfering managers, great lads in the depot, great shift pattern.

I've got 20 years left and fully intend to do them all with northern.

8J

What a load of rubbish. Northern are great to work for, I've recently come back after going elsewhere for a couple of years.

By far the most varied diagrams even if it is stopping work, non interfering managers, great lads in the depot, great shift pattern.

I've got 20 years left and fully intend to do them all with northern.

Well said but I do get the impression that it is slightly inconsistent with northern staff dependant on their depot. Some are great, others not so much...

scouseyb123

On Moderation

Wow you're a bundle of joy aren't you

Status
Not open for further replies.