• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers - Victoria & Charing Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafter

A new vacancy, Trainee Drivers - Victoria & Charing Cross has arisen at Southeastern that you may be interested in.

To view the vacancy details, click here and apply if it is an opportunity you wish to pursue.

In order to ensure we contact you with suitable vacancies, please ensure you have uploaded your CV and completed the job alert preferences section on the registration form.

[Please note that applications will only be accepted from applicants who live witin a 5 mile radius of the Victoria and Charing Cross Depots]

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GMT

I cannot afford to live within a 5 mile radius of the Victoria and Charing Cross Depots.

Thanks all the same Grafter and good luck to the hundreds of applicants.

Newtothis16

Good luck to all that apply, I'm currently in talent pool so hoping to get a call soon!

Will be good to work up there but within 5 miles rules me out!

Andy-mc

That's a pretty big ask having a 5mile rule in central London, Although I guess that is pretty generous as it probably exceeds the 45minute rule some companies have lol

I think everyone will be applying for this one instead
click here

Last edited:

Class2ldn

It's a ridiculous requirement. Reason I believe they've done that is that they have scrapped any taxis for drivers living further out. I wouldn't be put off applying if you live outside of that.

Sig01

Just seen this, I'm just over 10 miles too far away.
Good luck to all in the local area.

theironroad

Established Member
A trainee job within 5 miles of vic or chx, not sure if that's a typo or they are only looking for 21 year olds living at home, whose parents are old enough to live in central London. Good luck.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Yay for failure to proofread:

Training to be a driver is done by a series of modular tests, taking anything from 18 months to a year.

Your earliest start time could be 00:01 hrs and your latest finish time could be anytime as we operate a 24 hour railway.

GMT

At 8.45 the advert is not available anymore. I checked earlier and it was still there. So, either they were inundated with applications or...they are correcting the oversight. :)

greatkingrat

Established Member
The advert is now back up but the closing date is shown as today. Was that the original closing date or have they brought it forwards?

MEN1969

I have spoken to the HR at SE and the 5 mile radius is correct, not sure why the date has changed.

Sirgerbil

Filling out the personality questionnaire - Reach the end of it.

"This job is no longer available" :roll:

CaseyJones

Wow closed in 24 hours thats crazy. Well i was more like 15 miles out so better luck next time i suppose.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That's a pretty big ask having a 5mile rule in central London, Although I guess that is pretty generous as it probably exceeds the 45minute rule some companies have lol

I think everyone will be applying for this one instead
click here

Really surprised this one hasn't closed yet ;)

mresh91

Thanks for posting this. Managed to put my application in yesterday. One thing I realised though is that the completed application is listed under the reference of "For Future Opportuinites (sic)".

Based on what I've read on these forums, could be a very long wait before we hear anything regarding the sift. Fingers crossed either way for now... or 2017 :p. Anyone else applied?

Jonb106

Hi all,

Hope you're well. I applied for the position of trainee driver for the Victoira depot but when I log into my SE account the depot has been changed to Orpington. In your experience should this be anything to worry about? As it turns out Orpington is closer so perhaps that's why, but I would guess there aren't any vacancies there due to the position being advertised for Charing X or Victoria?

Perhaps I'm over thinking it?!

Thanks!!

Twedds74

Hi all,

Hope you're well. I applied for the position of trainee driver for the Victoira depot but when I log into my SE account the depot has been changed to Orpington. In your experience should this be anything to worry about? As it turns out Orpington is closer so perhaps that's why, but I would guess there aren't any vacancies there due to the position being advertised for Charing X or Victoria?

Perhaps I'm over thinking it?!

Thanks!!

Hi, when I spoke to se very recently about these vacancies I was told it was posted as they want to boost there talent pool numbers. Hope that helps, but yes a longish wait to hear can be expected!

mresh91

If I say so myself, I thought I had put in a good application, but unfortunately I didn't get past the initial sift. Not pleasant to take, but on to the next one... sigh...

Jonb106

Sorry to hear that mresh91. Somehow I've managed to pass the sift but they have said that the application process is on hold until such is a time they require more drivers. Does anyone have any idea how long this usually is? Or is that like asking how long a piece of string is? Lol

mresh91

Could be years mate.. really can't say. The ad was for the talent pool though, which isn't a clear vacancy to begin with. I've read some previous threads when SE have recruited and a good turnaround in recruitment was a little under a year from application, and ranging to 2/3 years after first application.

Congratulations either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.