• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver's wanted at Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadam35

Just a heads up, new vacancy being advertised for trainee driver's at Blackpool. Closing date 27/04/12.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
It is worth noting that the post qualifying salary shown is the first year rate, the salary will rise again after 1 year as a qualified driver and you would reach full rate on completion of 2 years as a qualified driver.

Good luck to those going for it!

Beveridges

Established Member
I applied for it myself. Blackpool is one of the best of Northern's depots to work at in terms of diagrams (not as repetetive as some depots), routes (more long distance stuff like BPN-York, BPN-Manchester, BPN-Liverpool with talk of future work over the S&C) and traction (quite a lot of jobs with 156s/158s and not too many 142s)

Established Member
Stupid new rule introduced today by Northern Recruitment.

You cannot apply if you have another live application.

This is despite the fact that whilst interviewing those who made it through to the next stage, they still leave the unsuccessful applicants status as "New Submitted Application"... ie no chance of getting that job, and unfairly preventing them applying for other jobs.

:roll:

Last edited:

driver9000

Established Member
I applied for it myself. Blackpool is one of the best of Northern's depots to work at in terms of diagrams (not as repetetive as some depots), routes (more long distance stuff like BPN-York, BPN-Manchester, BPN-Liverpool with talk of future work over the S&C) and traction (quite a lot of jobs with 156s/158s and not too many 142s)

Manchester and Liverpool are nice routes to work over but York and 158s are not worked by junior drivers. Blackpool crews also spend quite a lot of time on 142s given that they are booked traction on the depot core work of Colne-Blackpool South and Ormskirk as well as frequently dropping onto Manchester Victoria 15x diagrams. That said the variety is there in terms of traction and routes. A new driver will sign 142,150,153,156 and work over:

Blackpool Nth-Preston
Blackpool Sth-Colne
Preston-Ormskirk

Once these core routes are signed Manchester Victoria/Oxford Rd and Liverpool are added later.

Status
Not open for further replies.