• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTrackGroup

I've known about the "So you want to become" and other courses, but having done some research I feel the content is not great and the costs are high with no guarentee.

What I'd like to know is if there is a demand for his type of course, what the people interested would like the content to look like and any general thoughts/experience?

I would appreciate all comments positive and negative

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
General consensus is they're a waste of time and money - the TOCs will provide you with all the materials you need to prepare if they put you forward for the tests. There is a link on this forum in the sticky thread to get a Group Bourdon practice programme.

As already said, don't bother. You can find all the information you need on this forum for free. The ToC you apply for will also send you all the practice material you will need for the assessments should you pass the initial application and phone interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.