• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee freightliner mendip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChooChoo31

Yes I did message them to see how the opc went. I got a reply saying that I passed and that medicals are being organised for June.

djack123son

Offered a start date for late august with a medical late June.. unfortunately the guards at my TOC negotiated a deal and made my notice period 3 months.. + a baby due in September means I’m potentially going to put myself into a recruitment pool instead..

I’m not sure what to do..

Last edited:

ChooChoo31

Offered a start date for late august with a medical late June.. unfortunately the guards at my TOC negotiated a deal and made my notice period 3 months.. + a baby due in September means I’m potentially going to put myself into a recruitment pool instead..

Same here For the medical and start date :D

TW3M

Last edited:

Flosursus

Got my call back and will also be medical in June and start in August! See yas there!!

djack123son

You’ve gotta go for it in my opinion, it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity! I was in a similar position to you in regards to a long notice period but was able to negotiate and only work half of it.

In regards to having a baby, if it’s paternity leave you’re on about I think you only get 2 weeks anyway, if you’re training close to home, you’ll be home everyday to see your child anyway. If it’s maternity leave then that’s another decision I guess.

You could put yourself into a recruitment pool but who’s to say there’s even a pool for mendip depots, I know they are short for drivers up that way and could easily fill a trainee vacancy, or they could put you in a pool train up the people they need then who’s to say when a vacancy will appear at these depots.

If you really want the job go for it, everything will fall into place after.
You never know what’s round the corner!

all the best
Thanks for this., the position was for Southampton, training in Westbury..

ultimately if they'd said late September, I was there, but alas.. I had to work through my last paternity leave, so I'm making amends this time. I'm 2 weeks away form passing out as a guard and getting that all important pay rise.. so I've chosen the recruitment pool for now.. on my head be it.

Well done to all those that were successful, sorry I can't join you on the journey (this time!!)

Flosursus

Thanks for this., the position was for Southampton, training in Westbury..

ultimately if they'd said late September, I was there, but alas.. I had to work through my last paternity leave, so I'm making amends this time. I'm 2 weeks away form passing out as a guard and getting that all important pay rise.. so I've chosen the recruitment pool for now.. on my head be it.

Well done to all those that were successful, sorry I can't join you on the journey (this time!!)
I heard the Eastleigh poolers could possible have a course date in October

PickleTree

Had a call today offering me an October start date. I applied for Eastleigh and started the process in October 2019. @Flosursus you mentioned this above, are you in the same boat, and do you know if this course is further Mendip HH groups or Intermodal based out of Eastleigh? I have asked FL themselves but they haven’t come back to me yet.

PickleTree

Just had it confirmed by FL HR that the October group for Eastleigh vacancies is indeed for Intermodal and not HH.

Status
Not open for further replies.