• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Maintenance Operatives - DRS (Scotland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jydo

This looks like a decent job for someone looking to get into the industry, unfortunately its too much of a wage drop otherwise I would consider applying. Anyone any idea what the salary is after training? Anyway, here is the link if anyone fancies it.....

http://www.directrailservices.com/careers/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bodiddly

This looks like a decent job for someone looking to get into the industry, unfortunately its too much of a wage drop otherwise I would consider applying. Anyone any idea what the salary is after training? Anyway, here is the link if anyone fancies it.....

http://www.directrailservices.com/careers/

Poor salary, even for a trainee. Someone will bite just to get a foot in. Pretty poor show from DRS actually, bit shameful of them offering this amount of renumeration for the hard work and travelling around the post will incur. Also, can't see the salary jumping too much from the trainee rate. I would expect the full time salary to be In the low 20k bracket. Again not much money for the job itself.

Jydo

They seem alot busier over in DRS Motherwell these days, I deliver packages into them from time to time and there used to be no one about but nowadays the place is really busy. Its a shame the salary doesnt match the job in many respects, maybe its a decent job for someone who's currently on minimum wage stuck in a warehouse somewhere with little prospects but like you say someone will bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.