• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee slough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshie1968

Hi, I'm new to the site and have been directed here by an old friend who started a new career as a driver 4 years ago. I live in Slough and understand that GWR is my local toc. I was wondering if there are trainee driver posts available with GWR and would I be likely to be considered living in slough. I was also thinking about Crossrail but couldn't find any information about who is/will be the toc.
I would really appreciate any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Amex88

Hi pal. Atm GWR is no advertising for trainee drivers. They are currently concluding a business plan and once this is done they will advertise. It would be either reading or Paddington you would apply for. Either way nothing going yet.

Monty

Established Member
If you live in Slough your nearest driving depot is actually Staines, a SWT depot. They there is also a guards depot there, so if there are no driving vacancies it could be worth checking for guards positions in the short term.

oxoneil

They are currently concluding a business plan and once this is done......

What exactly does this mean? I'm in the dreaded talent pool and have been repeatedly told that there is no news as a "business plan review" is being carried out. I've been told this for nigh on 2 years now.

leomartin125

What exactly does this mean? I'm in the dreaded talent pool and have been repeatedly told that there is no news as a "business plan review" is being carried out. I've been told this for nigh on 2 years now.

Hi,

Me and my friend are also looking to become drivers with GWR, but right now isn't a good time for them to advertise for trainees because of all the fleet upgrading and electrification occuring on the GWML which means that training new drivers will not be the priority. I'm looking to join as a member of staff in a station first and hopefully apply sometime after that once the new 387's, 365's and 800's are all in service and up and running. The 'Business Plan' is what their aims will be post electrification and fleet upgrading, and once this is finalised then they might start wanting new drivers for these new 800's etc...

Regards,
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.