Trainee track maintenance question

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Yoxall, 8 Oct 2019.

1. Yoxall

Yoxall New Member

I am booking my PTS/track induction courses tomorrow I want to find out from people working in the industry if there is an over supply of people doing the job? Or is it a good time to get in and knuckle down and work my way up with time under my belt.

I’m based on Merseyside and would be willing to travel anywhere for the work.

Thanks
    New member Alex

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. intercitypete

intercitypete Member

try And get on network rail if you can mate there always seems to be a healthy supply of vacancies on pway

4. Yoxall

Yoxall New Member

That sounds promising, obviously the trainers are saying there is loads jobs/opportunities etc however I wanted to hear it from people working in the industry.

I am 33 so having to fund the courses myself. Is there any contractors that I should approach to be my sponsor that are currently looking for trainees ?

thanks
    Alex

5. intercitypete

intercitypete Member

don’t think you will have any problems at 33 mate just depends on your physical fitness don’t get me wrong you don’t need to have a six pack

Last edited: 8 Oct 2019
  6. The One

The One Member

Try contractors too as some one said try Network Rail but they are hard to get into you might get lucky with first go but would defo consider contractors in your area.

Good luck