Trainee train driver advert for Arriva Rail London now open

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by TTDARL, 12 Jul 2019.

1. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Oggs

Oggs Member

Just looked and it isn't showing up.

4. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

Both adverts are still live, just checked.

5. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

You need to click on search openings. Then the two vacancies / adverts will come up.

6. Oggs

Oggs Member

Okay thanks just see it.

7. Oggs

Oggs Member

My friend seems to be having trouble uploading their CV... anyone else having problems to?

8. OneLowban

OneLowban Member

I was told by two people that tried to apply last time round for ARL they had problems uploading their CV too.

9. BazzaCFC

BazzaCFC Member

TTDARL thanks very much for informing us! Can you tell me abit about the facilities available for drivers at Willesden Junction depot? Is there a canteen? Is it spacious? Are drivers given lockers? Is there car parking? I currently work for another TOC and conditions for drivers are overcrowded and appalling to be frank. Also, do Arriva London drivers work a 4 day week?

10. OhMe

OhMe Member

Use a different browser

11. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

I have private messaged u with some details and the new starter driver roster......

12. OneLowban

OneLowban Member

Cheers I’ll pass that on.

13. Musti

Musti Member

I currently work for another TOC, anybody know whether they would entertain an application from a qualified driver?

14. tom foote

tom foote Member

Will they accept relocating:?:

15. Anthony Barnes

Anthony Barnes Member

Hi, i start my initial course on the 5th of August and will be based at NXG. Im new to this forum and could not work out how to PM you . So, are you able to PM the new starter driver roster too please?

16. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

The rosters I have are for Willesden, Watford and Euston depots only. New cross gate are a separate entity so don’t have their roster(s)

17. Anthony Barnes

Anthony Barnes Member

Ok, no worries.

18. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

It is definitely worth contacting HR. An advert for qualified drivers at new cross gate recently closed. ARL are loosing a fair amount of drivers at the moment for various reasons..... so defo worth asking HR the question.

19. Salesy

Salesy Member

I was going to ask the same thing. I can’t see a maximum commute distance mentioned on the advert?

20. Musti

Musti Member

Thanks, I'll give them a call

21. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

The ARL driver conditions of service documentation has mention of reimbursing relocation costs so I would say yes..... but check with HR....

22. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

It’s now changed to a reasonable commute.... there are current drivers that live in Brighton, Bedfordshire, two I know living in rugby, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire. You have to be able to get in for an earliest start of 4:15am currently and the latest finishes are around the 01:30am mark. Have to bare in mind public and own transport availability and the fact that you could be on a 9 hour job and you’ll have to add the travelling on that either side.

23. 387star

387star Established Member

How to people get in from Brighton for earlies?
    Thameslink don't stop there and out of hours trains go via streatham to blackfriars

Do these drivers go to blackfriars and get a night bus or drive.. The drive even to three bridges would appear to be excessive in daytime traffic

24. SpamHammer

SpamHammer Member

Yeah, pretty sure my entire application got lost on attempting to submit. Really looking forward to typing that all out again :-/

I was using Chrome, anyone have more luck with Firefox before I try again?

25. baz962

baz962 Established Member

Last year a lad relocated from Newcastle upon Tyne. He flew down for two assessment day's, then interview and medical. So unless it has changed yes they accept relocations.

26. Oggs

Oggs Member

Thanks it worked.

27. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

Yes they drive or many drivers swap shifts with other drivers. And as I say, the early shifts vary between 4:15 and normal hours.... very few are actually 4:15

28. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

At that time of the morning getting in from anywhere is quick and easy. And starting this early means you are finished at a reasonable time usually before midday so the commuter traffic is avoided.

29. Knowledgeboy

Knowledgeboy Member

Those that have applied did you receive a confirmation email? Have to say one of the worst online applications I have come across. Why ask for references this early on! Not sure if mine has submitted!

30. SpamHammer

SpamHammer Member

Yes, I got a confirmation email:

Thank you for your interest in ARL.

You can log in to our careers website at any point to update your application information.

For what it's worth, I had more luck getting CV uploaded with Firefox rather than Chrome.

31. Anthony Barnes

Anthony Barnes Member

If you are successful you will need to provide reference information again to an outside agency, who then do all the relevant checks on behalf of ARL. If you log back into your account it will tell you when you submitted your application, if it was submitted successfully.