• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver advert for Arriva Rail London now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bruebunny

Last week. Applied on the 21st heard back on the 31st. Never had a turn around like that before. I'm still waiting to hear back from GA and that was April.

bruebunny

Everything crossed that you hear back soon. I don't understand how these things work, just feels like they pull it out of a hat. This is the first time in seven years of applying that I even made the assessment stage, so here's hoping it's positive.

Nevergiveup

Wish you all the best mate!
Did you do anything different on this application compared to previous ones in last 7 years?

My statement wasn’t even in depth so don’t think I’ll get to assessment stage lol

Everything crossed that you hear back soon. I don't understand how these things work, just feels like they pull it out of a hat. This is the first time in seven years of applying that I even made the assessment stage, so here's hoping it's positive.

bruebunny

Wish you all the best mate!
Did you do anything different on this application compared to previous ones in last 7 years?

My statement wasn’t even in depth so don’t think I’ll get to assessment stage lol
I started a new job that has a lot more safety critical aspects I could apply across. The last place I was at all I could really point to is how long I'd worked there. But who knows, it's all a mystery.
And it's all training for the next one. I am crafting a bank of answered questions I can put in each application.

Nevergiveup

Ah I see, that makes sense.
I drive buses atm so I’ve included that mainly as safety critical etc so fingers crossed

I started a new job that has a lot more safety critical aspects I could apply across. The last place I was at all I could really point to is how long I'd worked there. But who knows, it's all a mystery.
And it's all training for the next one. I am crafting a bank of answered questions I can put in each application.

SGD5891

Last week. Applied on the 21st heard back on the 31st. Never had a turn around like that before. I'm still waiting to hear back from GA and that was April.
Wow, that was quick, never seen a turnaround like that before lol, good luck with the stage 1 mate

Applied at well hoping for an answer this time cause previously I applied in November 2018 never got no answer back

SGD5891

Yep, i almost missed the email, if i remember im sure it had INVITE in the subject box. But could be easily missed, i would say keep searching for ‘arriva’ in your email inbox......

Yep, i almost missed the email, if i remember im sure it had INVITE in the subject box. But could be easily missed, i would say keep searching for ‘arriva’ in your email inbox......

Same here, almost deleted it. About to press the "confirm delete" button before realising what the email was.

bruebunny

Same here, almost deleted it. About to press the "confirm delete" button before realising what the email was.
Yeah, this is how it was. Thankfully I use one email address solely for applications so I check everything like that that comes through. A search for invite will help.

DMcq2010

See above I did email them, they said it can take 2 weeks to 6months for them to sift through all applications. I have already passed stage 1 and 2 so am hoping that I might not hear for a while because of this. (That's what I'm telling myself anyway)

My post was Willesden. Is anyone else there Wednesday? I've not seen any other posts regarding the assessment, which is a little concerning.
I ain’t got a reply back since my application and I’m hoping it not like last year where I didn’t get no reply at all

Status
Not open for further replies.