• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver advert for Arriva Rail London now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGoldfish

I applied for NXG but nothing back so far. When i logged in to the arl career site to check the status i saw had a previous application i'd made back in 2016,

I'd never had a response on that one and forgot all about it ... so don't hold your breath!!

So i just found out that I've been dropped for ST2 with Arriva. After passing ST1 I also applied to Freightliner for which I did an online VSE at home which I failed. The OPC took that result and applied it to my Arriva application as well and killed off both applications.

I didn't think it would as i didn't do the test at an assessment centre but Arriva have confirmed it still counts ... Weird really cos at home not exactly controlled conditions or consistant hardware (using your own PC etc) and it would have been easy to cheat as well ...

I have to say the paper practice material was nothing like the computer version. But there you go .... Not sour grapes but a lesson for the future ... Can't apply for anything else until after MAY 2020 now !!!

Val3ntine

So i just found out that I've been dropped for ST2 with Arriva. After passing ST1 I also applied to Freightliner for which I did an online VSE at home which I failed. The OPC took that result and applied it to my Arriva application as well and killed off both applications.

I didn't think it would as i didn't do the test at an assessment centre but Arriva have confirmed it still counts ... Weird really cos at home not exactly controlled conditions or consistant hardware (using your own PC etc) and it would have been easy to cheat as well ...

I have to say the paper practice material was nothing like the computer version. But there you go .... Not sour grapes but a lesson for the future ... Can't apply for anything else until after MAY 2020 now !!!

Ah sorry to hear that! Must be so frustrating. There is so much ambiguity with the VSE and SJT tests as they are pretty new and been introduced only by some TOCS who want higher enhanced pass rates. Some do it at home and some at an assessment centre but regardless it’s the OPC who govern it. The fact you failed it with one TOC means perhaps you would have failed with Arriva anyway so really the end result would have been the same, now next time you should be able to ace it knowing where you went wrong. You can apply to TOCS who don’t require these tests straight away but as you rightly said it’s 6 months for ones who do. At least the wait will be slightly less than if you had done it later with Arriva so that can be one positive.

Juliet Barvo

enhanced.

But "Enhanced" isn't defined anywhere, it just means that the TOC/FOC requires a higher standard than the National Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.