• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lenny_U

Same boat more or less, got the same kind of email over a week ago.
Have you contacted them at all?
I was thinking of calling them to see if the recruitment process is still going on or the email was just automated response that was meant to reach us before lockdown....‍♀️

PickleTree

Hi, I have also applied back in January, didn't hear nothing till now!!!! I too passed all the other tests with another TOC , and recieved email from them around 3 weeks ago stating that I've passed online test and next stage will be an interview. But again haven't heard nothing since then. Have you recieved any email from them?

I haven't heard anything since 3 weeks ago when I got the same email as you by the sounds of things. I have made sure that I have spent a lot of time researching SWR in preparation for the DMI in the meantime.

Lenny_U

I haven't heard anything since 3 weeks ago when I got the same email as you by the sounds of things. I have made sure that I have spent a lot of time researching SWR in preparation for the DMI in the meantime.
Oh well done, maybe that's what I should start doing lol, research about SWR!
Are you local to Bournemouth? I am in London, but willing to relocate.
Also can I ask you what TOC you passed your enhanced tests with?
If I hear anything new from SWR I post an update on here.

PickleTree

Oh well done, maybe that's what I should start doing lol, research about SWR!
Are you local to Bournemouth? I am in London, but willing to relocate.
Also can I ask you what TOC you passed your enhanced tests with?
If I hear anything new from SWR I post an update on here.
Yes I live locally, only 10 minutes away from the station. I passed all the tests with Freightliner.

DunfordBridge

Have you contacted them at all?
I was thinking of calling them to see if the recruitment process is still going on or the email was just automated response that was meant to reach us before lockdown....‍♀

No, I have not contacted SWR HR since the start of lock-down. It says on the First Group careers website that anyone with a live application will be contacted in due course and I am sure they have their priorities in place such as organising training classes of a reduced size, which are probably long overdue due to Covid 19. Even though the email is scripted, I reckon it still needs someone to press a button to send it. Having said that, it still does not stop me checking my emails whenever I can.

Have you had a railway interview before, there is no substitute for it? Like PickleTree says, use the time to your advantage. I must have compiled dozens of potential interview questions, not sure about the number of suitable answers though. Be a good start if I could get a definitive number for the number of people who work for SWR.

Lenny_U

No, I have not contacted SWR HR since the start of lock-down. It says on the First Group careers website that anyone with a live application will be contacted in due course and I am sure they have their priorities in place such as organising training classes of a reduced size, which are probably long overdue due to Covid 19. Even though the email is scripted, I reckon it still needs someone to press a button to send it. Having said that, it still does not stop me checking my emails whenever I can.

Have you had a railway interview before, there is no substitute for it? Like PickleTree says, use the time to your advantage. I must have compiled dozens of potential interview questions, not sure about the number of suitable answers though. Be a good start if I could get a definitive number for the number of people who work for SWR.
Yes I have had an interview with Crossrail so I sort of know what to expect lol, but then you never know what sort of questions you might get asked

DunfordBridge

I took the old CBI structured interview and I had a conductor interview with Transpennine Express but I have never had the privilege of a driver interview. From what I can gather, they want to see how motivated you are, not only for being a train driver but also for working for SWR, as well as the skills you can transfer from your present working environment to the role of the train driver in addition to having an appreciation for good customer service and adherence to rules and procedures.

Did you feel like you had a few trick questions with your Crossrail interview? So long as I do not get asked this question, What animal would you be? which according to Total Jobs is one of the twenty most popular interview questions.

Lenny_U

I took the old CBI structured interview and I had a conductor interview with Transpennine Express but I have never had the privilege of a driver interview. From what I can gather, they want to see how motivated you are, not only for being a train driver but also for working for SWR, as well as the skills you can transfer from your present working environment to the role of the train driver in addition to having an appreciation for good customer service and adherence to rules and procedures.

Did you feel like you had a few trick questions with your Crossrail interview? So long as I do not get asked this question, What animal would you be? which according to Total Jobs is one of the twenty most popular interview questions.
Hi, well I hope they don't ask me what animal would I be lol
From my last interview it was basically tell us everything you know about company, what are responsibilities and duties of train driver, one question where they gave me certain situation and asked me what I would do etc., then was asked about one particular signalling system which I failed on but it was my fault ( you can private message me and I'll explain) but otherwise nothing tricky really.....nerves got better of me that's why I didn't make it in the end which was really disappointing but hey I'll keep trying!

Lenny_U

Has anyone heard anything else since that last email we've recieved last month about passing online assessment and next stage being interview???

PickleTree

Has anyone heard anything else since that last email we've recieved last month about passing online assessment and next stage being interview???

Nothing at all for me. Can’t say I am surprised though with the current situation and the backlog of trainees they already have. It is always a long game in railway recruitment.

Jlob2804

I think their first priority training wise is to get route learners back doing roads (should be very soon apparently) and then they'll probably ramp up the training school. They'll just create more of a bottle neck otherwise. I expect you're all still on the system, just dormant at the min.

Lenny_U

I think their first priority training wise is to get route learners back doing roads (should be very soon apparently) and then they'll probably ramp up the training school. They'll just create more of a bottle neck otherwise. I expect you're all still on the system, just dormant at the min.
I hope so!I got excited about getting that email but it's just back to waiting now lol

PickleTree

Not sure if I am the only one but I received the exact same email from SWR today that I did a couple of months ago advising that as I have passed all my tests that I would be invited to an interview next and I would be contacted by email. Has anybody else received this today?

Lenny_U

I have received email too....
Not sure if I am the only one but I received the exact same email from SWR today that I did a couple of months ago advising that as I have passed all my tests that I would be invited to an interview next and I would be contacted by email. Has anybody else received this today?

Carpy19

Hi guys,

At what stage of the recruiment process are you at? Have you completed the assessment day and now awaiting interview?

I applied for the tainee train driver position at Yeovil Junction beginning of March, done the online assessments which I passed, was sent an email stating even though I passed, I may still be unsuccessful due to high volume of applicants with potentially higher scores than me on the online assessments. Had an email today saying that my application is still live but couldn't say anymore. I'm hoping that given it's been 6 months I would have been told if I was unsuccessful. Maybe I'll be invited to a future assessment day?

Congrats and good luck to those currently going through the recruitment process.

DunfordBridge

We are generally waiting for the DM Interview having completed most, if not all of the assessments. The MMI is after the depot manager interview with SWR. Must be the week for sending out emails, I have received three.

Lenny_U

We are generally waiting for the DM Interview having completed most, if not all of the assessments. The MMI is after the depot manager interview with SWR. Must be the week for sending out emails, I have received three.
So if I passed my MMI with different TOC do I still have to go through it with SWR?

Status
Not open for further replies.