• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver - Liverpool and Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevergiveup

Just received email alert from first group.

Not sure if I should apply as I failed assessment centre on 10 Feb so not been 6 months yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ILoveLamp

Google’s time to Liverpool....58mins!! Bit tight, let’s hope they sift at an Off Peak time!! Lol..

Nevergiveup

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose! Usually first group accepts relocation, I’m in London but I’ve applied for places like Southampton etc in past

Google’s time to Liverpool....58mins!! Bit tight, let’s hope they sift at an Off Peak time!! Lol..

Supertrains19

If you’ve not waited the 6 months the online system will flag this and not allow you to continue, of course this is only for first group although if a different t TOC of the group you should be ok.

8J

Does anyone have a contact email for the tpe recruitment team? I have gone to take my situational judgement test and the internet went down after 3 questions. It is now saying my test has been completed.

[email protected] is listed as their main contact on the recruitment website.

I'd contact them in the first instance.

Jon72

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose! Usually first group accepts relocation, I’m in London but I’ve applied for places like Southampton etc in past
Morning all, first time poster. I have registered on various TOC recruitment pages and saw these positions yesterday . Realistically i live approx 1.5 hrs from Lpool. Not sure whether to just apply anyway as these positions come up rarely. Am i right in thinking you only get a limited number of times to apply before you get "struck off" ! If thats the case i may hang on until something (hopefully) comes up in the Midlands or Shropshire area. Really useful forum by the way, glad i came across you

8J

Morning all, first time poster. I have registered on various TOC recruitment pages and saw these positions yesterday . Realistically i live approx 1.5 hrs from Lpool. Not sure whether to just apply anyway as these positions come up rarely. Am i right in thinking you only get a limited number of times to apply before you get "struck off" ! If thats the case i may hang on until something (hopefully) comes up in the Midlands or Shropshire area. Really useful forum by the way, glad i came across you

Unless you can prove you live within the time specified to the depot, you'd be wasting your time unfortunately.

I've done travelling long distance to work and trust me when I say it is an absolute killer.

samuel791

Applied last night for the Sheffield position and feel I did well with the online assessments. Anyone manage to do the 2nd assessment under 4 minutes? Like to think I answered all correctly and did take my time - just hope it wasn’t too long!

I suspect this is also for a talent pool position?

Jon72

Unless you can prove you live within the time specified to the depot, you'd be wasting your time unfortunately.

I've done travelling long distance to work and trust me when I say it is an absolute killer.
Yes i was thinking that tbh. I saw somebody had mentioned that first group accept relocation but i may be clutching at straws! I think i will wait and see if anything else comes up. ( I live less than hour to Crewe station so that may be more realistic)

LCC106

Established Member
Yes i was thinking that tbh. I saw somebody had mentioned that first group accept relocation but i may be clutching at straws! I think i will wait and see if anything else comes up. ( I live less than hour to Crewe station so that may be more realistic)
Definitely best to wait for something more local. An hour and a half travelling at either end of a 10 hour shift can be a killer - and if traffic is bad it could take up to two hours.

KJ83

Any advice on how to go about applying for this but being willing to relocate. If i submit my application with my current address its well above the 60 min drive.

LCC106

Established Member
Any advice on how to go about applying for this but being willing to relocate. If i submit my application with my current address its well above the 60 min drive.
Best bet is to contact their recruitment team to ask if they accept relocation. Better do it sooner rather than later as some ads are pulled due to high volume of applications before the deadline.

Jon72

Definitely best to wait for something more local. An hour and a half travelling at either end of a 10 hour shift can be a killer - and if traffic is bad it could take up to two hours.
Agreed, will hold off for a closer depot....

8J

Just applied. Completed the first test but didn’t receive a link for the second?? Any ideas anybody?
Without wanting to put a downer on your day, that usually means you've not passed the first test.

Nevergiveup

It would apply to every TOC that has OPC as assessors for psychometric tests

If you’ve not waited the 6 months the online system will flag this and not allow you to continue, of course this is only for first group although if a different t TOC of the group you should be ok.

TheRailMan

Without wanting to put a downer on your day, that usually means you've not passed the first test.
Fair enough... sure it says for stage 1 it’s two tests though. Must have to pass the first to get on to the second maybe

Mattydo

Fair enough... sure it says for stage 1 it’s two tests though. Must have to pass the first to get on to the second maybe

Yeah the first email says if you "pass the first assessment you will receive an email shortly after inviting you to take a second assessment"

Always a chance of a delay though.

TheRailMan

Yeah the first email says if you "pass the first assessment you will receive an email shortly after inviting you to take a second assessment"

Always a chance of a delay though.
Ahhh fair enough. Passed it last time but maybe not this time hahah

Jmarta

Ahhh fair enough. Passed it last time but maybe not this time hahah

I did the two tests came back straight away with the second, then 10 mins after saying thanks ... submitted be in touch... only the highest scoring candidates will move on to next phase, we will be touch ..

Manda2194

Just curious if anyone knows which routes the driver signs for these two depots. Will a driver take the train from Liverpool all the way to Newcastle and Scarborough?

8J

Liverpool drivers currently sign:

Liverpool - York via Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield and Leeds

Manchester Victoria - Manchester Airport via the Orsdall Chord

Manchester Piccadilly - Stalybridge via Guide Bridge

Edge Hill - Castlefield Junction via Warrington Central

Traction is Class 185 and Class 802

There are currently rather strong rumours that TPE are to take over the running of the Liverpool - Nottingham service from East Midlands Railway in the next couple of years.

I have no idea what traction would operate this service. It is all just speculation at present. There has been speculation on other threads about this.

DavidDD

Applied last night for the Sheffield position and feel I did well with the online assessments. Anyone manage to do the 2nd assessment under 4 minutes? Like to think I answered all correctly and did take my time - just hope it wasn’t too long!

I suspect this is also for a talent pool position?
Hi There Im new here so please bear with me. I'm applying for the Liverpool trainee position. Whats involved in the online assessments please. Ive heard SJT or Bourdon but another reply was Numerical and reasoning and Prioritising Any info greatly appreciated

Stigy

Established Member
Hi There Im new here so please bear with me. I'm applying for the Liverpool trainee position. Whats involved in the online assessments please. Ive heard SJT or Bourdon but another reply was Numerical and reasoning and Prioritising Any info greatly appreciated
The online assessments will be a SJT and very basic numerical assessment (it’s the same for all roles within any FirstGroup TOC). If you pass those and are shortlisted, you’ll go through to psychometric testing.

DavidDD

The online assessments will be a SJT and very basic numerical assessment (it’s the same for all roles within any FirstGroup TOC). If you pass those and are shortlisted, you’ll go through to psychometric testing.
Many thanks

Orange08

I’m fairly new to this myself mate but from reading on here folk don’t often give hints/help on the type of questions on these online tests, pretty understandable really considering we are all applying for the same job (not wanting to give competition any advantage). The sjt I just answered honestly, I then got an invite to the 2nd part of the assessment. Like the above poster said it wasn’t particularly challenging it’s just probably designed to judge your speed and accuracy. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.