• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungBuck

This was the email I received. I booked the interview and it is a one hour slot. I also have a confirmation email stating that the interview is booked. If it was the assessment wouldn't they give you further info on the tests etc?[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point. I was always under the impression that you took the assessments first then an interview. I've seen somewhere written before where somebody recieved an email off the employing TOC a week before the assessment with information so our emails could still be on the way.

I'm going to email recruitment now and ask them and I'll let you know what they say

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boxing123

This was the email I received. I booked the interview and it is a one hour slot. I also have a confirmation email stating that the interview is booked. If it was the assessment wouldn't they give you further info on the tests etc?

That's a fair point. I was always under the impression that you took the assessments first then an interview. I've seen somewhere written before where somebody recieved an email off the employing TOC a week before the assessment with information so our emails could still be on the way.

I'm going to email recruitment now and ask them and I'll let you know what they say[/QUOTE]

Now I'm confused lol, I was going to email them to. Please let me know what they say. If it's the assessments then I need to practice ASAP

yerman164

When and where did you take the tests?

I took them at the end of last year with FTPE.

not from what i gather!.....in fact the first time i ever saw my results was when i was going through my file with my manager on my pass out!
I'd of thought every toc may have a different standard and a different idea on what a borderline or enhanced pass actually is........for example a borderline pass with first tpe may be an enhanced pass with Northern.

Thanks, it seems a shame if we aren't able to obtain detailed results.

Goingloco

Excuse my ignorance but I made my application Sunday 23rd for Worcester and as yet have not received an email either way.

I note that quite a few others have heard from the recruitment team, perhaps not for Worcester though? To be honest I would not expect to have heard this soon but would like to be sure.

Has anybody applying for Worcester heard anything yet??

Thanks.

Excuse my ignorance but I made my application Sunday 23rd for Worcester and as yet have not received an email either way.

I note that quite a few others have heard from the recruitment team, perhaps not for Worcester though? To be honest I would not expect to have heard this soon but would like to be sure.

Thanks.

Bletchley is the depot most have heard from. That was put up about 3 weeks ago so on that basis I guess we are all waiting a little bit!

EF25

Thanks.

I've had nothing but the automatic reply to say they've received my application. Guessing it'll take a while to work through them all, fingers crossed for us both!

Goingloco

Best of luck EF. Incidentally, do you have a specific mechanical/engineering qualification...........

I have a building surveying qualification but unsure how relevant this is....we'll have to see!!

Gmoggie

Anyone know about flexibility on someone looking to leave the military and get into the trainee train driver? As in I could have up to a years notice to leave, just thinking about applying but not sure on length of process etc
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Best of luck EF. Incidentally, do you have a specific mechanical/engineering qualification...........

I have a building surveying qualification but unsure how relevant this is....we'll have to see!!

I know it's very vague on the type of mechanical qualification they would like on the job profiles

EF25

Hahahaha they will probably think we're the same person because i'm also a building surveyor.

I'm hoping it'll show that we're somewhat mechanically minded and that there's a bit of constomer care, health and safety etc.

Goingloco

That is a coincidence, looking for a change as well then..... A degree of commonality with working drawings, plans, reports and as you say a plethora of H & S!!

Fingers crossed as the application took about 8 hours to complete!!

Cotty30

Can somebody tell me once your application is accepted, whether it is the psychometric test which is next as from what im reading some people think it is the interview?

cobbler

Cheers cobbler, seems a strange order but oh well.

i think its a money saving exercise , kinda makes sense in a way , interview first then just assess the people you want at low cost rather than mass amounts

good luck everyone going

GuideRail

I had applied just got back from holiday and had the rejection email. The email said 2 accesors had looked at my app but no luck this time:(

DJUK15

Hello all. I have applied to LM and had an automated response but have yet to recieve an actual reply. I see some of you have all ready had replies so should I be following up on mine or leave it another week you think? Cheers

EF25

I had applied just got back from holiday and had the rejection email. The email said 2 accesors had looked at my app but no luck this time:(

Sorry you didn't get the reply you were hoping for, fingers crossed for another opening soon and successful application. Which location did you apply?

d_kingscott

I think this post is running 2 seperate recruitment drives, the 1st for Bletchley and the 2nd for several others which came about 3 weeks later: Coventry/Leamington, Wolverhampton, Birmingham Snow Hill/New Street etc... I think most of us on here are awaiting the response for the 2nd lot of stations. Fingers still crossed!

scouseyb123

On Moderation
I think this post is running 2 seperate recruitment drives, the 1st for Bletchley and the 2nd for several others which came about 3 weeks later: Coventry/Leamington, Wolverhampton, Birmingham Snow Hill/New Street etc... I think most of us on here are awaiting the response for the 2nd lot of stations. Fingers still crossed!

We are indeed! Shoudl be soon then I think?

DJUK15

So is there anyone still waiting to hear for Bletchley? Are LM known for taking their time to reply?

Boxing123

Hi all,

My managers interview is looming ever closer now and the nerves are kicking in!!! Could anyone advise me on the type of questions I will be asked. It's been a long time since I've had an interview and have visions of me crumbling. I just want to be fully prepared for any type of question.

plastictaffy

Hi all,

My managers interview is looming ever closer now and the nerves are kicking in!!! Could anyone advise me on the type of questions I will be asked. It's been a long time since I've had an interview and have visions of me crumbling. I just want to be fully prepared for any type of question.

I know some of the guys that have already had the interview, and I am trying to find out exactly what happens. Although I've not had a lot of luck with finding out what the questions are, I do know that you get absolutely pulled to pieces, you 're expected to think on your feet for examples of stuff.

My interview isn't until the 10th, so I've got a bit of time to find out some more.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Are LM known for taking their time to reply?

There's at least two of us on here that are being interviewed for driver jobs we applied for over a year ago........

Alistair G.

Where it says Coventry/leamington depot does that mean you are based at 2 depots instead of just 1? Or Would you get to choose which one you wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.