• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

332 > 444

Yep I agree ml, I prefer the poker faces of the guys doing the MMI

Plastic taffy or any other internal, does LM have a depot at Euston or Camden (they recruit for Shunters there but not drivers)

GadgetMan

Yep I agree ml, I prefer the poker faces of the guys doing the MMI

Plastic taffy or any other internal, does LM have a depot at Euston or Camden (they recruit for Shunters there but not drivers)

Nope, nearest depot is Watford where only a small number of Guards are based. Then its Bletchley/Northampton.

felix2601

Has anybody heard back about the trainee driver jobs for birmingham? I'm an internal applicant and still haven't heard anything, which isn't unusal for London midland. Just wondering of anyone had a response either positive or negative.

Cotty30

Nar not heard anything yet and I applied for birmingham. Im hopefully just waiting for an email inviting me to an interview? If the people applying for bletchley have only just had their interviews then im guessing we should hear soon?

Boxing123

Hi guys

I have my stage 1 assessment on Monday. Have been practicing the tests with the booklet provided. However, there is no information on the Driver Fault Finding DFF test. Does anyone know why?

YoungBuck

Hi guys

I have my stage 1 assessment on Monday. Have been practicing the tests with the booklet provided. However, there is no information on the Driver Fault Finding DFF test. Does anyone know why?

Ive just found this post on an older forum:

The test assesses the ability to think logically, check details, make effective decisions, follow instructions and work under time pressure in order to find and solve faults on a train.

The test consists of 20 diagrams of a new and innovative train system. For each diagram candidates are also presented with the display panel showing different instruments and dials for that particular train, some technical information about the train and a fault finder guide.

The fault finder guide contains information about what to do once you have identified a fault as well as the order of priority for solving faults. Candidates must utilise all of this information to decide which faults to solve, (they only have time to solve the top two faults). They must then identify a code for solving the fault and any other action that may be required to solve the fault.

Also later on in the forum someone mentions that the dials with different priority colours is the practise material for it which we have in our booklet

cobbler

from what we were told we should hear tomorrow

i was in the first group yesterday , just as a side thought there were 10 of us and 15 on the afternoon , so were down to 25
so who has got this far has done very well indeed , im not to sure about how i feel i did yesterday , a couple of the glop questions threw me and i only answered about 7 on the fault finding test

so i dont know if thats good enough , im slightly pessimistic :lol: however ive felt like that after previous assessments with the railway,RAF and highways agency and i passed those so time will tell i suppose

fingers crossed and the best of luck to everyone who went along

Last edited:

Boxing123

from what we were told we should hear tomorrow

i was in the first group yesterday , just as a side thought there were 10 of us and 15 on the afternoon , so were down to 25
so who has got this far has done very well indeed , im not to sure about how i feel i did yesterday , a couple of the glop questions threw me and i only answered about 7 on the fault finding test

so i dont know if thats good enough , im slightly pessimistic :lol: however ive felt like that after previous assessments with the railway,RAF and highways agency and i passed those so time will tell i suppose

fingers crossed and the best of luck to everyone who went along

I only answered 7 on the DFFT to mate. Again not sure if that's good enough. Only time will tell

cobbler

I only answered 7 on the DFFT to mate. Again not sure if that's good enough. Only time will tell

it will mate , im sure i made 1 or 2 mistakes in every test but hopefully it will be good enough

spoke to a couple of my colleagues and hopefully i havent royally messed up the cables and dials lol , i was using the shaded areas inside each dial for priority , light to dark then white as least important and if the arrow was in the same zone i then went to the numbers on the outside low to high

i need to stop fretting :D it is what it is at this point

387star

On Moderation
it will mate , im sure i made 1 or 2 mistakes in every test but hopefully it will be good enough

spoke to a couple of my colleagues and hopefully i havent royally messed up the cables and dials lol , i was using the shaded areas inside each dial for priority , light to dark then white as least important and if the arrow was in the same zone i then went to the numbers on the outside low to high

i need to stop fretting :D it is what it is at this point

I only answered eight and started on nine on the dfft and past

Boxing123

I only answered eight and started on nine on the dfft and past

That's reassuring. Well I'm sat here, keep checking my emails!!! Glad I'm not the only one who is fretting lol. I seem to keep thinking about the assessment wondering what I could have done better!!!!!!

TJD

Hi, new to the forum and first post, so go easy.

Well done to those getting this far and hopefully a positive result.

I've read different TOC's carryout slightly different tests.

So I'd like to ask which tests were carried out during this stage 1 of assessments with London Midland?

Thanks

plastictaffy

I did the first stage of assessments for another TOC in February. I thought my driver manager interview was a shocker - it can't have been that bad after all. Some of my colleagues think they did even worse, but they passed!!

YoungBuck

I did the first stage of assessments for another TOC in February. I thought my driver manager interview was a shocker - it can't have been that bad after all. Some of my colleagues think they did even worse, but they passed!!

Ahh right.. did you have to do the DFFT with the other TOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.