• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakedoc

This is how I make it so far, just from forum users:

Birmingham:

d_kingscott
Game146
Snakedoc

Worcester:

Goingloco
Vark0

Wolves:

DMTaylor90
Bluedays
sd0733
Villafan10 - not sure what depot

If there's anymore, update the list...:D:D:D

I know one of my mates from work has been shortlisted for Birmingham aswell

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LukeyJ-MK

So is everyone on here just waiting for interview dates I am shortlisted for Coventry!

nutter

Hi

Making a return after many years away

Ive been invited for interview at wolves (awaiting date). A week after I pass shunter and passenger guard exams on a heritage railway. Hopefully that'll help in the interview as its always been the interviews I struggle with lol

d_kingscott

For further clarity kingscott I am in for Birmingham ??????

:lol::lol::lol: Just trying to work out the numbers. Looks like 5 for Brum then, wonder if Birmingham, having New St and Snow Hill means more vacancies or the same spread across the 2.

Up the Villa!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So is everyone on here just waiting for interview dates I am shortlisted for Coventry!

Yes mate just an interview...

westbrom

Did anybody from the Bletchley vacancies who had allready passed stage one get sent to do stage 2 without having an interview first?

ebgoode79

Did anybody from the Bletchley vacancies who had allready passed stage one get sent to do stage 2 without having an interview first?

I applied for the Bletchley position & the 1st thing I had before any tests was the interview.

MZA

Hi matey , are you going through the whole assessments at Watford again?

plastictaffy

I applied for the Bletchley position & the 1st thing I had before any tests was the interview.

As did everybody, this time. It makes more sense to do the DM Interview first to me. You could pass all the assessments with flying colours, think you're going to get a job, but then the DM that interviews you doesn't like you, and that's your chances scuppered.

Westbrom - no, as far as I know everyone was interviewed first. I have already passed stage one for another TOC and am going for stage 2 with LM next friday.

YoungBuck

Had a phone call saying a spot had opened up for the stage 2 assessments next friday so I'm all booked in. On the confirmation email it says no preperation necessary as all instructions will be given on the day.. is there really nothing I can do?

westbrom

Anybody know what the shift patterns are?
Start / finish times/ days off etc??
As I think I read Sunday's would be part of working week?

cobbler

As did everybody, this time. It makes more sense to do the DM Interview first to me. You could pass all the assessments with flying colours, think you're going to get a job, but then the DM that interviews you doesn't like you, and that's your chances scuppered.

this is very true , you can pass everything but if they dont like you then you will be unsuitable

its all abit of a shambles , i know people that havent heard back from interview yet and they clearly havent made it , i personally was told my application was unsuccessful twice and successful once in the space of 3 weeks

i wish i could say more :D

my advice is , if it happens then it does , try not to get carried away whatever stage your at

Last edited:

plastictaffy

Had a phone call saying a spot had opened up for the stage 2 assessments next friday so I'm all booked in. On the confirmation email it says no preperation necessary as all instructions will be given on the day.. is there really nothing I can do?

Not really, no. How are you getting down there?? Do you know how to get to where we need to be?
Anybody know what the shift patterns are?
Start / finish times/ days off etc??
As I think I read Sunday's would be part of working week?

Bletchley drivers have an arrangement where they may not book on before (I think) 0400. Shift patterns are like Guard's. 4 day, 35 hour week, earlies and lates with a long weekend every three weeks. I don't believe sundays are part of the working week for them, although there may be an agreement like there is for us newer Guards where you are contractually obliged to work them unless you throw it in and Bletchley can cover it. That's how it is for Guards, I don't know if it's the same for throttle jockeys or not.

Last edited:

the sniper

Established Member
Bletchley drivers have an arrangement where they may not book on before (I think) 0400. Shift patterns are like Guard's. 4 day, 35 hour week, earlies and lates with a long weekend every three weeks. I don't believe sundays are part of the working week for them, although there may be an agreement like there is for us newer Guards where you are contractually obliged to work them unless you throw it in and Bletchley can cover it. That's how it is for Guards, I don't know if it's the same for throttle jockeys or not.

IIRC the drivers have booked Sundays, but they're definitely not in any way committed to do them.

Emirob@btinter

Hi all,
Got an email on the 5th October stating that I'd passed the application stage! But just waiting for an interview now. They haven't give me any dates yet. Has anybody been given any dates etc

YoungBuck

Not really, no. How are you getting down there?? Do you know how to get to where we need to be?

Well I'm currently in london for the week.. so it's only a drive to north london. They've given me a postcode so I was just going to put that into Google maps.

westbrom

Got my stage 2 tests at opc beginning of November,does anybody have a recommendation where to park??

YoungBuck

Got my stage 2 tests at opc beginning of November,does anybody have a recommendation where to park??

If you go on parkopedia and put in WD17 2AE it gives you a list of car parks close by. The best one I can see is the avenue which is £5 for the day which is reasonable.

Guys who have got their stage 2 for the Bletchley intake do you think we've missed the slots for November and will now be considered for next year's intake?

Last edited:

LukeyJ-MK

Hi all,
Got an email on the 5th October stating that I'd passed the application stage! But just waiting for an interview now. They haven't give me any dates yet. Has anybody been given any dates etc

No dates have been given yet I asked recruitment when they thought interviews would be and they responded saying they don't have any dates yet. And couldn't give me a rough idea when they may be. Hopefully not too long away though :) best of luck anyway!!

ebgoode79

Guys who have got their stage 2 for the Bletchley intake do you think we've missed the slots for November and will now be considered for next year's intake?

I got 1 of the Bletchley positions, was told on Saturday that the start date is 2nd November so imagine you'll have to wait for next years training course.

Emirob@btinter

Cheers Mate, just asking because I'm going away on holiday next week. I don't think there in any rush! Anyway best of luck to you also.
Cheers,
Rob.

MZA

All the best young buck with your assessment at Watford let us know how you got on !!??????
All the best young buck with your stage 2 assessments at Watford , let us know how you got on!!??????

YoungBuck

All the best young buck with your stage 2 assessments at Watford , let us know how you got on!!��

Well I got through the assessments and sat the MMI. They said I should hear a result by next Friday!

I was nervous after the assessments because I knew I'd made silly mistakes.. so when it's your turn and if you think you've made a few mistakes don't worry too much.

Last edited:

YoungBuck

The guys I know that sat the MMI were told within 48-72 hours. Just out of interest, was the room full, or were there spaces??

Well he did say he would get the results to LM today.. then it's how long they take to tell me.

There was only two of us there today.. I think you could have 6 people there at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.