• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver managers interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longggday

Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice.

I have a trainee train driver manager interview in a few weeks and have no idea where to start? Or what the questions could possibly be?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ESONEULB

Put DMI into the search engine on this forum and bingo :D

There is so much info on that subject on here you just need to look before asking is my advice

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice.

I have a trainee train driver manager interview in a few weeks and have no idea where to start? Or what the questions could possibly be?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you
As has been advised, used the search function as there’s a wealth of knowledge and experience here.

All I will say though, is it’ll be competency based, so put safety at the forefront of all your answers, with customer service a close second.

Lendog2012

Be concise in what you say and the examples you use. Explain your thinking and decision making. As above, lots of info on here which has helped me lots over the last 12 months.

Good luck

richfoz84

I passed mine.
I was watching YouTube videos for hints & tips.
But for every question I detailed two relevant but different examples using the STAR acronym to ensure it was answered correctly.
I also said I was applying for a better work life balance, not because it was my childhood dream.. they told me that was a great answer! They were fed up of people telling them they’ve always wanted to drive a train

king_walnut

What do you know about the company?
Why do you want to be a train driver / what challenges do you think a train driver might face?
Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty
Name a time you were involved in an unexpected/emergency situation
Name a time you had to speak to or address a large group of people
Name a time you worked well as part of a team
Name a time you had to work accurately under pressure

iphone76

Can i clarify do you actually mean trainee train driver or trainee train driver manager as mentioned in your OP?

iphone76

Yes I man the DMI for trainee train driver.
Excellent. What others have said.

Research about the company and role. Routes, class of train, etc. Typical day in the role including the positives and negatives such as unsocialable shifts and how you'd cope / adapt. I also quoted some recent news articles about the company I work for.

I also looked up my interviewers on LinkedIn and that mentioned their areas of interest in the railways which I researched and weaved into the interview.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.