• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

heedfan

Did you get many answers? I hope to hear next week

To be honest with you I wasn’t really looking for answers, more interested as to what VTEC’s view on the situation was and how they would learn from it. I’m satisfied with the conversation I had, if you are after more info then feel free to DM me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xtradj

I imagine the collapse and entering of public owenership today may well have been one of the reasons we didn’t get placed into a talent pool

Duns2208

So after all that nobody will be an Azuma driver as can't imagine anyone else will keep the name!

Hope everyone's had some luck with other positions, not a lot going on in the North East (Leeds just out of my reach) but seen a few of you have been applying to other TOCs, fingers crossed for you all.

heedfan

Hope everyone's had some luck with other positions, not a lot going on in the North East (Leeds just out of my reach) but seen a few of you have been applying to other TOCs, fingers crossed for you all.

Something will come up eventually mate. Did you apply for the depot driver with Northern at Heaton?

Duns2208

Something will come up eventually mate. Did you apply for the depot driver with Northern at Heaton?
I did, not heard anything as yet but would be ideal as I'm in Wallsend. Looked at relocating but just not right time with family. Will keep going though, cheers

heedfan

I did, not heard anything as yet but would be ideal as I'm in Wallsend. Looked at relocating but just not right time with family. Will keep going though, cheers

Same, still heard nothing though. I’m in Yorkshire but originally from Gateshead and could relocate there very easily if needs be. Best of luck and fingers crossed.

Duns2208

Same, still heard nothing though. I’m in Yorkshire but originally from Gateshead and could relocate there very easily if needs be. Best of luck and fingers crossed.
Had a feeling from the name you might be from Gateshead. I'm Dunston originally. You might want to check out Northern's website though, vacancy for Newcastle trainee driver on there now, Hull and Leeds also depending where you are in Yorkshire, all closing dates 21st May so not there for long

Lincdsg

Does anyone remember if we did the DFFT test during the assessment centres?
No we didn't, that's for an enhanced pass which virgin didn't require. I know this because I had to do the dfft with another toc last week

Status
Not open for further replies.