• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djsmith200

Anybody else who hasn't got through yet looked over your cover letter again and thinking you could have made it stronger? I am now, but didn't want to sound desperate ;)

haha yeah same here mate, even though i was happy with it at the time and spent alot of time on it! natural thing i spose!

Scuba2208

Well the fact that they have started sending out rejection emails and I haven't heard anything as yet still gives a glimmer of hope... Been going over my letter with a fine tooth comb, don't know how many times I've counted my words for the 2 main questions lol.

fmc31

Would appreciate any opinions or advice for those who have received their "invitation to sit an on-line test" e-mail.

I see that there is request to complete an "Equality, Diversity & Inclusion document. Virgin Trains East Coast is committed to ensuring we are an inclusive business, this information will only be used for monitoring purposes by the Talent Team."

Despite the assurances in the email I am wary of completing and returning the form in case it is used for different purposes but I also don't want to prejudice my application by not returning it.

Many thanks

Sirgerbil

Would appreciate any opinions or advice for those who have received their "invitation to sit an on-line test" e-mail.

I see that there is request to complete an "Equality, Diversity & Inclusion document. Virgin Trains East Coast is committed to ensuring we are an inclusive business, this information will only be used for monitoring purposes by the Talent Team."

Despite the assurances in the email I am wary of completing and returning the form in case it is used for different purposes but I also don't want to prejudice my application by not returning it.

Many thanks

I completed mine, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Swampster

Aye I wouldn't worry.. if you're of a paranoid disposition then there's risks from taking either action..

But, legally speaking they shouldn't make any decisions based on a monitoring form, unless positive discrimination is a stated aim prior to selection start.

And contrary to that, being a monitoring only form it should be entirely optional, so non-completion shouldn't affect selection either..

To be honest, if done correctly.. at this stage monitoring forms should be completely anonymous with no traceability to a particular candidate.

Sadozai

Hi Everyone

I applied for the position on 10th Oct, got an email for the test on 25th. Now going to do the test.
Good Luck to everyone who is waiting. If it's meant to be, it will!

Webby

I applied on 5th Oct and have have heard nothing back yet, so they must be looking at applications totally randomly.

Borocarl88

I applied on 5th Oct and have have heard nothing back yet, so they must be looking at applications totally randomly.

I applied on the 3rd October, I'm from Middlesbrough so I'm within distance of Newcastle, Leeds and York, and I still haven't heard anything either.

LukeyP77

I applied on the 11th October & I live within London Longs Cross and Doncaster and I've not heard back yet

Ashxmufcx

For those of you that have received a response, what e-mail address was it sent from out of interest.

Prof.

Panicing, Assesment froze on first question,anyone else had the same issue ??

Frankfurt

I don't think everyone will be hearing back by Nov 1st as originally said - understandable due to huge numbers. On twitter today they've said applicants will get a response in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

kickin aff

Prof

Exactly the same with me. Stressed out my nut, thought it was a problem at my end. I logged completely out then back in. Again froze on first of two practice questions.

foot1efan

I don't think everyone will be hearing back by Nov 1st as originally said - understandable due to huge numbers. On twitter today they've said applicants will get a response in the next couple of weeks.

Got a link to the tweet?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For those of you that have received a response, what e-mail address was it sent from out of interest.

Would like to know this as well

E&W Lucas

Established Member
I applied on the 11th October & I live within London Longs Cross and Doncaster and I've not heard back yet

Not specifically singling you out, but there does seem to be some fantasy commuting going on here. Rule of thumb- look at the timetable, and work out if you can get in half an hour before the first train, or home half anhour after the last.

LukeyP77

Not specifically singling you out, but there does seem to be some fantasy commuting going on here. Rule of thumb- look at the timetable, and work out if you can get in half an hour before the first train, or home half anhour after the last.
I live in Peterborough which actually is one of best commuter stations in the U.K. We have an average train to London every 10 minutes as we also have GTR WITH THE LAST TRAIN BEING AT2am and first at 4:30am

E&W Lucas

Established Member
I live in Peterborough which actually is one of best commuter stations in the U.K. We have an average train to London every 10 minutes as we also have GTR WITH THE LAST TRAIN BEING AT2am and first at 4:30am

Realistic for London, but Doncaster?

Hopeful2015

Hi everyone I've also applied for this role. I've already passed the phsycometric assessments with Ftpe . I've also heard nothing since sending my CV in. Don't know what to think.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Yeah it's realistic either way... 52 minutes from Peterborough to Doncaster or 55 minutes from Peterborough to London so it is commutable either way for me.

How early in the morning does the first train arrive into Donny from Pbo? ;)
Have a think what effect a certain major rail construction project on the outskirts of that town might have on work patterns and start times too.

LukeyP77

Have a think what effect a certain major rail construction project on the outskirts of that town might have on work patterns and start times too.

I don't understand why it is just me that you're singling out, however I feel confident with getting to and from this job if I am to be offered the role.

Ewie13

I do not know the "Travel distance" policy that Virgin have, but some other TOC's do not consider public transport when assessing the 1hr rule, only car. It may be work seeking clarity on this from the Virgin HR.

Prof.

Prof

Exactly the same with me. Stressed out my nut, thought it was a problem at my end. I logged completely out then back in. Again froze on first of two practice questions.

I have e-mailed hopefully they are aware there is an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.