• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

atochopefull

Has everyone on here who has applied ALSO registered on the VTEC job site, or has everyone simply submitted the application via email? I wonder if that is something they will be looking at to see if people have registered? Perhaps those who have been shortlisted could answer this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brian88

There's 15k applications, I'm fairly sure they won't have time to check if somebody is also registered, because it makes no odds

kickin aff

Prof,
I have just tried it again. It's now working. Maybe it crashed due to amount of users at that time.

Sadozai

Has everyone on here who has applied ALSO registered on the VTEC job site, or has everyone simply submitted the application via email? I wonder if that is something they will be looking at to see if people have registered? Perhaps those who have been shortlisted could answer this?

I didn't register.. Straight on to application. If that helps.

eastc

I haven't heard anything, either way. But I gave my application my best shot, so I don't mind losing if it's to the better guy.
:D

Tron81

There's 15k applications, I'm fairly sure they won't have time to check if somebody is also registered, because it makes no odds

To be honest, from the dates people are saying they applied. I think the applications are being viewed in a totally random order, my friend also got a rejection letter yesterday... I'm still waiting for a response

Hopeful2015

I only applied because I'd emailed virgin a few months back asking If they were taking on trainees and they must have remembered because they emailed me telling me about it.

Bucko

Hi everyone I've also applied for this role. I've already passed the phsycometric assessments with Ftpe . I've also heard nothing since sending my CV in. Don't know what to think.

Hi Mate

I passed EVERYTHING with GTR......... all assessments, MMI, DMI, medical.

That was back in July 2015.

Virtually everyone in my boat are still waiting in the Talent Pool. Hardly anyone got the call yet.

So, nothing surprises me when it comes to waiting around.

Hopeful2015

Hi Mate

I passed EVERYTHING with GTR......... all assessments, MMI, DMI, medical.

That was back in July 2015.

Virtually everyone in my boat are still waiting in the Talent Pool. Hardly anyone got the call yet.

So, nothing surprises me when it comes to waiting around.

Same here but with Ftpe Feb this year

enc001

Hello everyone - I'm another one waiting for a response, and keeping my fingers crossed!

Those who have seen the online test - can you leave the site after the practice run, and do the assessment another day? Can you do the practice more than once, and when does the assessment expire?

Many thanks!

fmc31

Hello everyone - I'm another one waiting for a response, and keeping my fingers crossed!

Those who have seen the online test - can you leave the site after the practice run, and do the assessment another day? Can you do the practice more than once, and when does the assessment expire?

Many thanks!

Yes you can the practice the assessment more than once though I wouldn't like to say for definite if you could log out and then log back in to actually sit the test though suspect it may very well be possible.
Hope this helps

Brian88

I think it must be a bad thing now. There has already been lots of blokea on here who were asked to complete aptitude. On Monday they had 9000 left to sift. I'm not holding my breath. Anyone who has had a rejection email, is that rejection after doing an aptitude or not?

Webby

Has anyone had email on Sat or sun or is it just money to Fri?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Applications closed on 14 Oct by Monday 25th they had sifted 6000 so it is realistic that they could still have a few thousand to go.

Do people not read the posts on here? I said on Tuesday that the majority of applications will be sifted over this weekend!

Sirgerbil

Do people not read the posts on here? I said on Tuesday that the majority of applications will be sifted over this weekend!

To be fair you also said there was 5000 applications from your source in HR when there were 15k.... :D

Anyone who did the online testing heard anything back yet?

To be fair you also said there was 5000 applications from your source in HR when there were 15k.... :D

Anyone who did the online testing heard anything back yet?

Would you care to point me in the direction of where I said there were 5000 applications?

Last edited:

Johncleesefan

No news is certainly not bad news. A rejection email would be bad news. This is the railway where a response can take years, you need to hang in there longer than that

Stepa_egg

Would you care to point me in the direction of where I said there were 5000 applications?

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what's going to be happing this weekend, I appricate it.

I read your previous post on Tuesdays and decided I wasn't going to worry until I had an email. Plus Claire replied to someone on twitter saying they should get a reply next week. Either way, am not letting it ruin my weekend :D

Amberk

just completed the asssment,hard when your hands are sweaty! think i only got 1 or 2 wrong and ran out of time on one. fingers crossed. Any other ladies on here applied?

Sam Slade

Just a touch over 5000 applications received with further internal recruitment taking place in January

Blanka said it, Sirgerbil. 156484 certainly comes across as " on the money ".

Don't fancy your chances with your observational skills and attention to detail :D

Status
Not open for further replies.