• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LukeyP77

Early hours of Monday last week, going by Peterborough station I saw one of the new Azumas coming into the station. Was 5 carriages long and I must say they do look very smart! Very different to the ones on the East Coast at the moment

mark3021

There is always hope until you get the email

There seems to be a few for the Newcastle area still waiting. Hopefully that's a good sign. Do you think the talent team will be working today or do we have another day to find out our fate.....

Swampster

Holy crap just done the practice assessment... and made a complete hash of it! :(

Daren't start the actual assessment now..lol

... and *BREATHE* !!

Last edited:

stevieoz

On Tuesday there were 9000 applicants remaining and yesterday they were down to 5500 so will probably be a few days before the whole sift is complete.

By the way I'm not saying this as fact but from what I have read on Twitter so not sure how correct.

Swampster

Is this for the checking test? I couldn't find it on the practise page

It's not on the practice pages.. when you click on the link within the email, it takes you to a page where you'll have to sign up, then once you've done that you'll be given a menu where you can select either a practice test or the actual assessment.

Hopeful2015

It's not on the practice pages.. when you click on the link within the email, it takes you to a page where you'll have to sign up, then once you've done that you'll be given a menu where you can select either a practice test or the actual assessment.

Aaaaah. Thank you
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well it seems yesterday I was sent a checking test then later on I was sent a competency based interview as well. Hmmmmmm

adamsapple771

Do you only get one practice test then or can you keep practising?

Swampster

Oh well. that's done... in the hands of the gods now.
Can't recall any obvious mistakes, but definitely missed out on one or two.. pipped by the timer!

Back to chewing fingernails awaiting results! :|

lol.. damn I'm shaking with adrenaline, and having palpatations now I'm done.. ;)

zjc

Aaaaah. Thank you
Well it seems yesterday I was sent a checking test then later on I was sent a competency based interview as well. Hmmmmmm

So you were invited to assessment centre before completing the test or did you complete your test then get an invite to assessment centre?

Hopeful2015

So you were invited to assessment centre before completing the test or did you complete your test then get an invite to assessment centre?

Not got an invite to assessment centre. Is a competency based interview with shl testing centre
Or also seems my checking test isn't working but the interview is.

Last edited:

xtradj

Oh well. that's done... in the hands of the gods now.
Can't recall any obvious mistakes, but definitely missed out on one or two.. pipped by the timer!

Back to chewing fingernails awaiting results! :|

lol.. damn I'm shaking with adrenaline, and having palpatations now I'm done.. ;)

I was the same mate tense!
Not got an invite to assessment centre. Is a competency based interview with shl testing centre

I was sent two checking tests which were duplicate. Were you sent two different tests?

Hopeful2015

I was the same mate tense!

I was sent two checking tests which were duplicate. Were you sent two different tests?

Yeah first was a checking test then 4hrs later a competency based interview test came through. My checking one didn't work though. I've emailed recruitment.

Last edited:

xtradj

Yeah first was a checking test then 4hrs later a competency based interview test came through. My checking one didn't work though. I've emailed recruitment.

I got two checking ones I just put it down to a duplicate. Perhaps they sent the same one twice by mistake

zjc

Ooh right I thought you meant you got interview straight after. I got two emails both with checking test.

Done the practice just waiting to sit the assessment

xtradj

Ooh right I thought you meant you got interview straight after. I got two emails both with checking test.

Done the practice just waiting to sit the assessment

are they two different checking tests or duplicate emails?

I got two checking test emails but duplicate

roscoep

I got what seems to be two duplicates of the same email inviting me to do the checking test. I've done it and it says that I have no more tests to do. I did email recruitment but nothing back.

MEO

Am I the only one that hasn't received an email yet? Getting worried!!

Sam Slade

No, i haven't either. If we don't we don't, disappointment is something to get used to when trying for these jobs :)

Sirgerbil

Sounds like you've got further than anyone else then, think even those of us that got the assessments early haven't received an invite to interview, Congratulations!

stjimmy87

Just a theory.....Is there anyone that has had an invite for the online assessment who has already passed the psychometric tests? Maybe they are going to let people who have already passed them skip the online tests :p

Wishful thinking I guess!

Hopeful2015

Just a theory.....Is there anyone that has had an invite for the online assessment who has already passed the psychometric tests? Maybe they are going to let people who have already passed them skip the online tests :p

Wishful thinking I guess!

Ive passed psychometric tests. And I've been offered a different test it seems. An interview test

Hopeful2015

Do explain

I got the checking email same as everyone else at 2pm yesterday then 4 hrs later got an invite to do a competency interview test. I then went to do my checking test and there was nothing behind the link to the test apart from a secure login screen to which I have no email or password.
I think sending the second test wiped out the checking test. I've emailed recruitment.

stjimmy87

I got the checking email same as everyone else at 2pm yesterday then 4 hrs later got an invite to do a competency interview test. I then went to do my checking test and there was nothing behind the link to the test apart from a secure login screen to which I have no email or password.
I think sending the second test wiped out the checking test. I've emailed recruitment.

So if you get past those two is that it or do you still go to the assessment day? Hope all goes well, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.