• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FManc

This is going to feel like the longest weekend ever! Hopefully Monday or Tuesday will reveal all and I really hope there's no delay in letting us know.

heedfan

I know we are due to hear by Tuesday but I’m not holding my breath. Happy to be proved wrong though!

vintagegt

I know we are due to hear by Tuesday but I’m not holding my breath. Happy to be proved wrong though!

I know the waiting is torturous now but to be fair, as far as I’m concerned at least, VTEC have done everything they have said they were going to so far. Keep the faith guys, Tuesday will see us all a little wiser I’m sure.

Ffcsteve14

I to was expecting it to be Friday but I shall keep the faith till Tuesday!

And if no email

Will keep, keeping the faith!

vintagegt

I to was expecting it to be Friday but I shall keep the faith till Tuesday!

And if no email

Will keep, keeping the faith!

All you can do mate really.

Doubt you’ll get far having a huge angry rant at VTEC! :lol: They hold all the cards and we just have to wait it out.

To be fair they’ve got a fairly mammoth task on their hands with the logistics of all of this so delays are to be expected I guess.

We’ve waited this long so a couple more days ain’t gonna kill us. :)

Slet25

At least am not the only one counting it down. Has the past few days gone really slow for everybody else or just me :D

vintagegt

At least am not the only one counting it down. Has the past few days gone really slow for everybody else or just me :D

Nope, not just you. It’s dragged like a zombie’s foot.

I so dearly hope we get something tomorrow.

FManc

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we find out tomorrow. It's crazy to think that 6 months has passed since receiving the job offer. I've been wishing for the depot/start date email to come for so long now and (hopefully) this is the final countdown!

vintagegt

It’s a YEAR since we applied. Seems crazy when you say it like that.o_O

Hopefully it’ll all kick into action and then start to move pretty quick after waiting month after month for so long.

Won’t be long guys, really hope we get some word tomorrow.

Slet25

Whats also crazy is by the time we are qualfied for us that have already had our medicals we will be due another as i had mine in March.

FManc

I'm quite thankful I'm on a 12 hour shift today to distract me from the waiting game! I don't think I could keep sane sitting at home.......and just staring at my phone o_O:lol:

Ffcsteve14

I agree, however, I have found that all the emails I have got from virgin have always been late in the day!!

xtradj

It's likely it will be individual emails this time, unless of course there has been a delay and they therefore only able to inform us of that.

Obviously some of you need medical dates, whereas others are waiting for training and location dates, so I'd imagine it will be an individual email rather than a generic one sent to all.

vintagegt

I agree on that. This will likely be individual emails rather than the blanket, generic ones we have had at times in the past so will likely be late in the day.

It's possible to compose emails and have them sent at a time of your choosing so maybe they will compose them and set a time to fire them all out at once.

Who knows?

Maybe we'll all just get another email saying they'll let us know by the end of March. :o

Skyrail

It is very frustrating, but I recall at the start of the process they gave times scales that slipped a bit, presumably due to the sheer scale of the exercise. That said I think they have been very good in the main part at letting us know more or less when they say they will. Can't be much longer to wait now... can it?

Kaltias

It is very frustrating, but I recall at the start of the process they gave times scales that slipped a bit, presumably due to the sheer scale of the exercise. That said I think they have been very good in the main part at letting us know more or less when they say they will. Can't be much longer to wait now... can it?

I really hope not.. For a start, my contract at my current job runs out in December and since I’m unsure of a start date I can’t plan anything from December onwards. Just sucks being in limbo, as I’m sure it does for all of us. Having a rant won’t change anything though, unfortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.