• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ballast rat

I had an email on Friday asking me to complete an online assessment. I'm a qualified driver so hopefully it's nothing I haven't already completed in the past.
It does say on the email that they've used a software program to sort through applications, which is why you need the word count on your applications to be as near to the max as possible and also include the correct keywords related to the job.

Right, better fire up the laptop and have a bash!

Tron81

Good afternoon , just registered, I always bump into this site when looking for train opportunitys and information.
What I was going to ask was for those that had a response from this campaign, what did your second name begin with as I am a hopeful but like a lot of people, nothing heard at the moment.

Hoping it's being done alphabetically ??????, good luck to all those who have applied.

Sirgerbil

Good afternoon , just registered, I always bump into this site when looking for train opportunitys and information.
What I was going to ask was for those that had a response from this campaign, what did your second name begin with as I am a hopeful but like a lot of people, nothing heard at the moment.

Hoping it's being done alphabetically ��, good luck to all those who have applied.

P for me.

Scuba2208

It seems we have London and Edinburgh candidates so far. I'm an "M" and have heard zip. I injected a little humour in to my cover letter as I wanted to demonstrate my sense of humour in my personality. Wonder if I've made a mistake...

Kaltias

Hoping it's being done alphabetically ��, good luck to all those who have applied.

I'm a 'W'...

N!ck

Maybe it is by region, what regions have people applied for who has had the email?

Andy-mc

I reckon its done on what you had for dinner on the day you sent in the application :lol:

Although its in our nature to speculate its just a case of waiting and seeing, if you are someone who needs confirmation there's no need to start questioning anything until the second week of November

Plenty of time yet

Sirgerbil

I reckon its done on what you had for dinner on the day you sent in the application :lol:

Although its in our nature to speculate its just a case of waiting and seeing, if you are someone who needs confirmation there's no need to start questioning anything until the second week of November

Plenty of time yet

Think I had Chicken and Chips....Winner!

But agreed, It looks like these are for London and Edinburgh candidates at the moment but nothing is certain until November, there is no point in stressing about hearing anything until that date.

atochopefull

It seems we have London and Edinburgh candidates so far. I'm an "M" and have heard zip. I injected a little humour in to my cover letter as I wanted to demonstrate my sense of humour in my personality. Wonder if I've made a mistake...

I also tried an "alternative" approach for the same reason. If software was used, and it looks like it probably was, may have been a mistake.:oops:

bagazon

As it said initially:

"All applications close on 14 October and the Talent Team will contact all candidates before 1 November 2016."
So 4-5 days more to wondering whether drinking coffee or eating chicken is best for your application to be noticed...

BTU

Have any qualified drivers heard anything back from VTEC yet ? Also those that have heard back, what's the online assessment consist of ? Having done all my assessments the old fashioned way on paper the heads up would be nice should I be lucky enough. Thanks and good luck to all who went for it.

ballast rat

Have any qualified drivers heard anything back from VTEC yet ? Also those that have heard back, what's the online assessment consist of ? Having done all my assessments the old fashioned way on paper the heads up would be nice should I be lucky enough. Thanks and good luck to all who went for it.

Yes, and if you google SHL you'll find your way to an assessment website that virgin have chosen to use. You can practice various tests there to get an idea of what to expect.

Gemz91

Fairly certain there's a qualified driver a few posts back who has heard back.

bagazon

Yes, and if you google SHL you'll find your way to an assessment website that virgin have chosen to use. You can practice various tests there to get an idea of what to expect.

Many people will appreciate if you tell which test you have done online...

Bit of info, some online assessments were allocated based on how soon the first full assessment day is. They're NOT using a computer program to sift the applications. The majority of the applications will be sifted by HR over this weekend.

Do you know if people replied at the later end of the deadline (i.e on the last day) will stand the same chance of getting a place on the assessment day as people who applied earlier. I'm worried they'll fill the spaces up and just cut the later applicants off completely.
Only saw the job ad 2 days before the deadline...:|

Do you know if people replied at the later end of the deadline (i.e on the last day) will stand the same chance of getting a place on the assessment day as people who applied earlier. I'm worried they'll fill the spaces up and just cut the later applicants off completely.
Only saw the job ad 2 days before the deadline...:|

It doesn't matter when you applied, you'll have the same chance as anyone else. Like I said, most of the applications haven't been looked at yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.