• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Good luck to all those who are at the assessment stage.
Plenty of staff are leaving before the ship starts to sink and heading to other Train Operating Companies.

So good luck, your going to need it.

Well the ones jumping are going from frying pan into fire then in areas that VTEC operate in.
Freight is on its knees, the Cancer that is DOO is spreading to most other TOCS or at least they are trying to spread it, Industrial disputes are going to be popping up all over shop.
Good luck to those jumping ship from VTEC, they will need it.

Suraggu

Well the ones jumping are going from frying pan into fire then in areas that VTEC operate in.
Freight is on its knees, the Cancer that is DOO is spreading to most other TOCS or at least they are trying to spread it, Industrial disputes are going to be popping up all over shop.
Good luck to those jumping ship from VTEC, they will need it.

You produce some valid points, but they maybe jumping into the fire but you have to be desperate to do it, just saying.

You produce some valid points, but they maybe jumping into the fire but you have to be desperate to do it, just saying.

Nobody in their right mind would leave virgin for another TOC/FOC.
Highest staff retention rates in the industry(fact).

jay252

Allow for around 30-45 per assessment. There is no set number. On my assessment there was 30.

Equestrianlad

Has everyone who attended the assessment on either 29th or 13th, been asked to complete the safety of the line transfer info ?
and has anyone been offered a position yet?

Has everyone who attended the assessment on either 29th or 13th, been asked to complete the safety of the line transfer info ?
and has anyone been offered a position yet?

Yes everyone has been asked to fill out the safety of the line form they said---Unfortunately.

Fawzonline

I went to the assessment day on the 13th and have been invited to the driver psychometric test on the 3rd of January. It seems pretty intense and only have 2 weeks to prepare

seano68

When did your colleague get told.....what depot did he apply for ... What day did he go to assessment....same day as you ??

Oh no I'm a complete outsiders, most of the people in my assessment day were already in the industry so I thought my chance was out the window, really surprised I made it this far

Well done so far, you've done well to get this far.
They will send you a pack with practice material just keep practicing and hopefully you pass.
Where have you applied for

Fawzonline

Well done so far, you've done well to get this far.
They will send you a pack with practice material just keep practicing and hopefully you pass.
Where have you applied for

London - Kings cross

They already sent me the practice pack, it came along with the email

Status
Not open for further replies.