• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver- where to look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy_wills

Hi all

So I know that trainee train driver vacancies are hard to come by and are only advertised once in a blue moon. But can anyone tell me the best place to check for the vacancies? I just check the individual train company websites but is there a better website to use?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Individual TOC websites are the best way to find out. Select your local or easily accessible ones (remember some depots require you to live or be able to move to within 30-60mins of booking on point), sign up and select email notifications of trainee vacancies.

Lrd

Established Member
Checking the individual TOC (Train Operating Company) (FOC (Freight) if you're interested in that as well) websites frequently is best but also keep an eye on here as each vacancy will be hotly discussed

baz962

Established Member
Hi all

So I know that trainee train driver vacancies are hard to come by and are only advertised once in a blue moon. But can anyone tell me the best place to check for the vacancies? I just check the individual train company websites but is there a better website to use?

Hi Amy not too sure about other toc's, but I was just checking some thing's and Arriva London still have trainee role's up and it closes at 5pm today, hope this help's.

Amy_wills

Hi Amy not too sure about other toc's, but I was just checking some thing's and Arriva London still have trainee role's up and it closes at 5pm today, hope this help's.

Baz962- I live in the midlands so I’m thinking I’ll be too far away. Thank you tho and I’ll check it out anyway just incase.

Gemz91

Keep checking on here, most (but not all) tend to get put on here not long after being announced on the company's websites.

Dynamonic

Baz962- I live in the midlands so I’m thinking I’ll be too far away. Thank you tho and I’ll check it out anyway just incase.

Hi Amy,

You can also check out the very handy 'Driver Depots' thread at the top of the page to find out which companies have depots within an acceptable distance to you. That will help you narrow down which vacancies to keep an eye out for. :)

scabek

Registering with Indeed for “trainee train driver” is quite helpful as well, I found

Jose Manuel

Checking the individual TOC (Train Operating Company) (FOC (Freight) if you're interested in that as well) websites frequently is best but also keep an eye on here as each vacancy will be hotly discussed

May I ask what is the difference in terms of work/driving between TOC and FOC ? what about salary and conditions?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.